• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    As a lifetime KROGER customer I can see the Downhill slide of Kroger. I rarely shop there and only do when I must purchase specific items not available elsewhere. Sad, this area of Kroger is headquartered in Carmel and the Boss Man is a turd in my opinion. Bad Policy after Bad Policy coming from this division :noway:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    No wonder he has emotional issues, a dude having the name Christine must have had a miserable childhood.:D

Shouldn't be, after all, look how tough the boy named Sue was. :D
    Seriously though, good luck on the defense of the obvious silly suit. There were those people that sued the airlines after the famous landing in the Hudson River for the duress. Guess you have to be ALIVE in order to suffer from problems. And I guess sometimes saving someone means that they will not turn out the be the best save everytime.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I am proud to say that Elijah Elliott, the former Kroger manager, has hired me to defend this lawsuit.

That is all I'll be able to say about it for a while.

Guy

Obviously I don't expect you to comment on this specific case, but I thought the IC code earlier in this thread protected someone in a justified shooting from criminal and civil cases. Is it only for criminal proceedings?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Obviously I don't expect you to comment on this specific case, but I thought the IC code earlier in this thread protected someone in a justified shooting from criminal and civil cases. Is it only for criminal proceedings?

only criminal, civil court, you can sue for anything. Literally, you can sue someone for hurting your feelings.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    only criminal, civil court, you can sue for anything. Literally, you can sue someone for hurting your feelings.

Usually true, but there are statutory limitations.

For example, the "Good Samaritan Law" states "....in good faith, gratuitously renders emergency care at the scene of the emergency or accident is immune from civil liability for any personal injury that results from:....."

The IC code relevant to this case states "...No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary..."

A civil suit would seem to be 'legal jeopardy' to me, but perhaps it doesn't in legalese, which is why I asked the attorney on the board.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm fairly certain, but not a scholar on this, that "jeopardy" includes life, liberty, and property, as outlined in the 5th Amendment.

As such, Indiana law is very clear on this, and the manager should be removed from the civil case.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am proud to say that Elijah Elliott, the former Kroger manager, has hired me to defend this lawsuit.

Guy

Good to hear he has good representation. Guy, if there is any possibility of a countersuit, I hope that is done. As stated by others, this security guard provided neither security or any kind of guard service. She should be counter sued if it is at all possible under the law.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Good to hear he has good representation. Guy, if there is any possibility of a countersuit, I hope that is done. As stated by others, this security guard provided neither security or any kind of guard service. She should be counter sued if it is at all possible under the law.

Perhaps a countersuit by each of the parties being sued. Sue HER for the mental duress for needing to take the criminal's life to save the lives of others.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I think I need to sue her & Krogers, for taking time away from my busy work day to complain about them both, and the mental duress I have knowing that there are too many P.O.S. People out there that would do this after getting their life saved.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County

Guy

Go get 'em, Guy.

I got into a discussion last night with some friends of mine about the law and carry, Richardson, Washington, Terry, IC 35-47, etc. Four out of the five of us have our LTCH and two of us carry regularly (the other two do occasionally). The fifth guy was asking about training, duty to inform, carry restrictions. He'd just recently completed the process for applying for his LTCH (he was smart and went L-1).

I told everyone that training, shooting, and lawyering were available in one place, TFT. I gave them Guy's name and told them that if they ever needed any type of defense for gun related legal issues, Guy was the man to see.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)

Guy

When the first thing I think after reading the OP is "It's a bird, it's a plane, NO IT'S GUY RELFORD!!!!" You know that I'm posting when I see the above comment. Much support to this guy and Guy!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    It is my understanding that an employee could not pursue an employer in a civil action, save very specific circumstances.

I fail to comprehend how a man, who very well could be considered to have saved her life, can be held liable for her emotional distress. If anything, it would seem that she would have a legitimate cause of action against the estate of armed robber that threatened her well being, and the well being of everyone else in that Kroger store last December.

Christine Nelson, for your decisions, you are a bigger POS than Jeremy Atkinson.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    When the first thing I think after reading the OP is "It's a bird, it's a plane, NO IT'S GUY RELFORD!!!!" You know that I'm posting when I see the above comment. Much support to this guy and Guy!

Guy does have an obvious weakness though.

Kryptonite.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Now, the upside of this, when Guy demolishes the other party, is it will put into place some case law that will go along with the IC posted earlier. "IC says no jeopardy, security chick vs good Guy confirms this to be the case in civil suits as well as criminal."

Kick their asses, Guy, as professionally as possible!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    IANAL but in my estimation and understanding, "jeopardy"= "loss" pure and simple. The very first day I take a day off work to defend myself or I burn a tank of gas travelling or I pay a retainer for representation, I sue your happy ass and my Higher Power willing, your Grandchildren will be paying my estate for decades to come.

Top Bottom