• ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Last Sunday at church, I bought a raffle ticket from one of the youth. It was to support the Columbus North HS Choir. I told her to put Kelly's name on it saying "She needs a car".

This evening, the music director called the house during halftime at the football game asking to speak to Kelly. She told her that she was the winner! It's a 2008 Pontiac G6, dark blue. :rockwoot:

The music director asked Kelly how many tickets she bought and she replied simply "One". That's all it takes.

I spoke to the car dealer and we're going to North Vernon in the morning to pick it up!!

It amazes me how the Lord blesses Kelly!

lovemywoods

Last edited:

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Thats awesome..:rockwoot::rockwoot:and a pretty cool car.. Do you have to pay the taxes on it?

My motto : you cant lose if you don't play

exar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cool!!! My Dad won a special edition Rocky Mountain Conservation Club Rem700 .300Win Mag in a $50 raffle. That's the best luck anyone in my family has ever had with those things. Guess that's why I don't buy lotto tickets:):.

If you're talking about the Mt. Vernon in SW IN Posey Co. I believe (west of Evansville), then you're in for a treat. They have a huge selection and is probably one of the bigger dealers around down in that area. I'm sure your car has already been picked for you but it should be coming from a reputable dealer.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    If you're talking about the Mt. Vernon in SW IN Posey Co.

My mistake. It's North Vernon, south of Columbus, In. I corrected the original post. Thanks for the catch!

I should have remembered what the comedian said.."Indiana is strange...South Bend is in the north, North Vernon is in the south, and French Lick isn't anything like it sounds!"

lovemywoods

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Be prepared for MUCHO tax liability when it's tax time...

Remember that Oprah gave away a G6 to all the audience members a few years ago? Yeah, most of them were royally ticked off that they got blasted with the taxes.

Be prepared!

-J-

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Be prepared for MUCHO tax liability when it's tax time...

Remember that Oprah gave away a G6 to all the audience members a few years ago? Yeah, most of them were royally ticked off that they got blasted with the taxes.

Be prepared!

-J-

That's why the smart man pays his taxes into a bank account in the form of a "car payment"! Then before tax time you pay the taxes and when it comes time to file, call in a "buisness expense" for those who are self-employed, and those that aren't won't worry about oweing any taxes! :D Gota love Freedom 95.9 in the late morning!

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Went with Kelly and her friend Courtney to get the car on Saturday. Courtney sold the winning ticket to Kelly.

Here's a pic of the car. Kelly is the one with the red blouse on.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    This is just the coolest thing I have heard happen for someone in a long time

Top Bottom