• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    So did he slip out of the handcuffs? Handcuffed in the front? I'm trying to wrap my head around this one. How small is Kouts that they only have 1 police car?

Kouts, Indiana (IN 46347) profile: population, maps, real estate, averages, homes, statistics, relocation, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, moving, houses, news, sex offenders

In 2007 they had 5 officers according to the data, it does not say if they are all full time, part-time or reserves. One car is not surprising for a town of 1,800, all in the name of saving money. Towns that size typically do not think about what happens when a car breaks down, is crashed or gets stolen in this case. They only worry about that after it happens.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    In light of recent mishaps I feel that this new patrol car is just right for them.
    49df6b49.jpg

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    I understand that this has the potential to be a dangerous situation but I can't help thinking this is the ultimate Barney Fife moment!

Not necessarily:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7toV3whz1A[/ame]

and another:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzP2dyVwOwI&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Kouts is very small. Most of their residents travel to the Valpo area to shop. They operate on the Porter County Sheriffs frequency, and are dispatched by same. I believe they currently have 4 officers on the road. Most of the activity that I hear on the scanner in Kouts is traffic related. There have been some pretty big Meth busts in that area in recent years though.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    years ago, i used to travel through there and and those kouts cops back then acted like the nazi's, pull you over for a couple miles over the limit etc., when there could be that much discrepancy in each individual car and speedometer. and they had nasty attitudes to boot.

at any rate it seemed like they went from enforcing the law to just out right nit pickin. and before someone thinks it, there were times i got busted and deserved it, but a lot more that i didnt.

so i think this is pretty funny

jake

I Love Bourbon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Speedway ish
    Well just to clear things up, this was a very low key incident, I know this because I was on site getting fuel when the incident occured. I actually spoke to the patrolman just a few moments prior to him ummm... loosing contrlo of his car. :):
    He had pulled this guy over for a drug bust and the patrolman had his head burried and I do mean burried in the suspects car searching for drugs etc.
    The patrol car was just setting there with the lights on, then it backed up and drove west...
    whoops..... LOL.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    According to the latest, the car was the second oldest in the "Kouts fleet". I am not sure how many cars are in a fleet. I post this as a correction to my earlier post that Kouts only had one police car. They must have at least two.

Top Bottom