• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    It's amazing how bold some countries have been since we elected a weak president. Obama is not going to do anything unless the polls show it would be popular to do it. There's probably a Gallup poll or something out there right now asking:

-Would you prefer the US respond by sinking an NK Sub? (Y N)

Back in 2008, I predicted that a weak president will allow situations to escalate without an effective response until things get out of hand. This could just be another step in that escalation.

At least N. Korea has been doing this kind of stuff for as long as anyone can remember...... Iran was giving us issues even when Bush was in office and he was not afraid to drop bombs.....

People seem to forget the things that have happend in the past with ease....... Remember all the things N Korea has done in the last oh 10 years? They have even killed S. Koreans....... did anything happen? No, because they are just flexing their muscles.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I will get flamed for this but I am willing to bet that Obama and company will bomb the North Koreans but not invade unless they are forced to the wall.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Order of Battle if it happens. ( Obama is down in the polls, so there is a good chance)

12:15 AM,The South detects a build up and radio traffic to start an attack at 4 AM

At 3:15 hour, a small hydrogen bomb/ EMP weapon is exploded above the North Korean HQ. At that exact time wired and wireless command nodes will be hit. Any suspected nuclear weapons sites are hit with nukes.

Every major NK ship is hit with missles or torpedos in the next three minutes

Runways will be mined and NK aircraft that are airborne are crashing from EMP or F22 that will soon be over the country.

At about the same time, the order of battle is to hit as many Artillery sites before they can get more than a few rounds off. Emphasis is placed on units shooting at Seoul, SK. Counterbatteries are looking for targets. There are just too many targets.

The aim is to damage the forces so much, the infantry gets decimated as they attack.

NK gets a nuke missle off to Japan, but Japan shoots it down and it crashes into a coastal harbor.

Before the battle slows in the first hour, 59,000 shells and rockets have hit Seoul and surrounding areas.

Then the NK fire a few hundred gas canisters along the front and rear areas. This signals the human waves and tank attacks.

About 1,000 NK spies are causing trouble all over the country. Fires, shootings, accidents, traffic jams. A few get to cause some trouble at military bases and in the rear areas. One port on the South edge of the country is on fire.

The battle is two hours old at this point.

The NK start emerging from tunnels, no one located, between 3 and 7 miles inside SK. This makes things crazy since they are wearing the same uniforms.

At about 7 am, a NK nuke explodes a few miles inside SK, but it is only a 2 KT yield to get the land battle exciting.

At the same time, a US missle defense station observes a rocket launch heading towards Japan and the target is a US Base. They are able to hit the target and prevent it from exploding, but the radioactive debris lands all over the western edge of the base.

7 20 AM Aircraft are recalled from NK airspace

7:28 AM

Now the US forces are pissed and a significant strike is ordered to stop the launching of nuclear weapons. Two missles from a Trident submarine are fired with 20 targets identified

8 am

Targets are gone

Aircraft resume sorties

4 PM

Several dozen additional heavy bombers join targeting the border and other installations and demands for surrender are being broadcast.

Two days later-the battle is over.....the new leadership caves and goes to China.

North - dead unknown
    South- 350,000 dead, 1,000,000 wounded
    US forces-1,100 dead, 5,000 wounded

Gets you thinking.....

A friend of mine in the military wrote something similar in a war game about 18 months ago. We talked about it at lunch today.
    l

huey243

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Wow that is vary interesting and i guess vary possible. I think if something does happen it will be like nothing that's been seen for a vary long time :rolleyes:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I have a better scenario:

One Ohio class submarine parks 200 miles off North Korean shore line. Then the order is given to fire all 24 of its Trident missiles at North Korean strategic and industrial targets. Each Trident missile only carries 5 warheads so the top 120 targets will be hit within 15 minutes. All North Korean military and defense targets are eliminated without loss to any American lives.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a better scenario:

One Ohio class submarine parks 200 miles off North Korean shore line. Then the order is given to fire all 24 of its Trident missiles at North Korean strategic and industrial targets. Each Trident missile only carries 5 warheads so the top 120 targets will be hit within 15 minutes. All North Korean military and defense targets are eliminated without loss to any American lives.

The USA is to Soccer mom ish for that.... not to mention certian people that are cutting back on the number of those weapons.... I can't see us using them any time soon...... I honestly can't see us using them even if one is used on us.... sadly.

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    will my daughter in law is gettin' deployed to SK at the end of next month for a year....this will be her last deployment before she retires.....i hope it don't get to nasty...her mother is already a nervous wreck about it...

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    My sister told me this today on the phone, "Those that are able, are going to the other side of the river and at least 10 miles south of Seoul" it's not a formal evacuation, but families are sending kids and wives south to realitives. Also, "inspectors" were working under major bridges in Seoul checking things.

It has been posted many times, the major bridges in Seoul are designed to be blown up if needed. Its best to be on the safe side if a war breaks out. The city also has some designs to slow the spread of fire and improve defenses.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Still say they are just flexing their muscles....... even analists don't beleive war will happen, it would kill the souths economey and would be suicide for the north.

Every few years this happens then it all calms down.......

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Most likely, but l'd send my wife and kids south if I could.....

Better safe then sorry but for me it would depend on what all I am hearing and is going on.... then I would decide if it is better to stay or leave. People complain a lot about this country but we have it a lot easier and better then most others........

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    The USA is to Soccer mom ish for that.... not to mention certian people that are cutting back on the number of those weapons.... I can't see us using them any time soon...... I honestly can't see us using them even if one is used on us.... sadly.

Yes we are cutting back on our weapons so I can't see a better way to save money on disassembly than just emptying a few silos so that you can refill them.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yes we are cutting back on our weapons so I can't see a better way to save money on disassembly than just emptying a few silos so that you can refill them.

Would be a cheap way to do it haha......... but then the world would expect us to go over and help them rebuild..... so in the end it would cost much more......

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Would be a cheap way to do it haha......... but then the world would expect us to go over and help them rebuild..... so in the end it would cost much more......

You are killing my fun!! Yes I agree that the North Koreans are probably going to test us and sanctions will be about the most that happens. However, the Korean conflict could explode into much more when you think about China and Japan being attacked or forced to get involved. Also, if China is forced to come to the aid of the North Koreans then you can bet they will hit Taiwan to try and take them back which forces the U.S. into a major battle.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loudspeakers at the DMZ
    To much of the rest of the post–Cold War world, the idea seems slightly farcical: setting up big speakers on the southern side of the demilitarized zone and broadcasting - loudly - news and anti–North Korean propaganda across the border. To some it conjures up images straight out of Monty Python and the Holy Grail ("I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries"). But it's no joke. Cheong Seong-chang, senior fellow at the Sejong Institute, a think tank in Seoul, believes that South Korea's plan to restart these broadcasts will likely infuriate North Korea. "Their military is already in a high state of emotion," Cheong says. And indeed, North Korea has already said publicly that it will shoot at any speakers broadcasting from the southern side of the DMZ. The defense analyst in Seoul says that if Pyongyang were to follow through, it would be "a serious act of aggression, and South Korea must counter it."

War on Korean Peninsula: High Tension Prompts Scenarios - Yahoo! News

Top Bottom