• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    My sister is in Korea for work/vacation and she just sent me an email. She was told by work she should leave on an early flight. They say trouble is brewing with NK.

I have not seen any news on events other than the S.K ship that blew up or was hit by a shell.

Have to see what is up in the news in the next day

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I guess they proved the SK ship was destroyed by NK explosives. Seems as if they were asleep at the helm but that's another story. The NKs are not denying it anymore and both are flexing their muscles. I think we, The United States, should just bring all of our troops home from everywhere, line both of our borders and let the rest of the world fend for themselves. When countries need our help they love us but any other time they denounce us. Fugg em all and let God sort em out.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    It was a North Korean torpedoo, they found parts of it and all.........

This stuff with the North and South happens from time to time...... The North tries to flex its muscles and everyone gets in a tissy and they tell the Americans to leave ect ect....... Granted this is a little more tense then usual since the North sunk a ship.

NKorea warns of war if punished for ship sinking - Yahoo! News

MarkR

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Hope your sister gets home safely.
    Interesting that her company told her to leave. I'm curious how they would know something. I would check the State Dept website, and see if they have posted any travel advisories or warnings.

Nowadays, I prefer to stay home.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    colt556 i completely agree. i did 2 years in iraq and a year i afghanistan and couldn't agree more. bring all troops and supplies home. take care of us and let the rest of the countries figure out just how much we do for them. they all say ohhh america your mean your capitiolism is killing the world blah blah blah, omg a hurricane, earthquake, tsunami and its omg whats america gonna do for us, we need them here, we need their money, so i agree we have enough problems at home right now and need to take care of ourselves.

north korean's are crazy to say the least south needs to just wait in the middle of the night and start sending as many mortars, missile's as they can at all the set up spots in north and just keep pounding them, and then take the Israeli approach and surround them and cut off all supply routes and choke them out

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    They have never signed a truce since the 50s. There have been incidents where a soldier or 2 would get shot or killed along the border but never has a ship been sunk. I'm surprised the citizenry of the North remains to to live under the harsh conditions that they do. It's like time stopped in the North and the South is a modern striving country. I also think we should be more like Israel and smack anybody that jacks with us. This PC crap and trying to help our enemies is gonna get us all killed. IMHO.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    She's back home.....

The reason she was told to go how was interesting. The person she worked with for the project, has a brother in the military. He has been redeployed and that does not happen much.

I was never told what he did, but it spooked the co worker. Readiness is very high. She said she observed more military traffic at the area she was at. She also said more military jets were in the air from when she first arrived.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Glad she's home. I say bring everybody home from all over the planet, line our borders and let everyone else fend for themselves. There is definitely some saber rattling going on over there, but it's nothing new, just more intense.

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    my best friend is in the Navy and stationed in Japan right now. in march his ship was patrolling with the SK ship when it went down. He said it was crazy and they are all on high alert now. he told me this the week after so he couldnt say much. but then the media over here found out that it was NK so i told him i knew and he said yea that there was no question at the time who did it. just as long as Nk doesnt try and sink his ship, im good.

go USA:patriot:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Did the US detect the torpedo? I'm sorta surprised that they didn't let out a warning. I was on a carrier and during war games those damned attack subs always got us. But we have the best subs in the world, can't imagine an NK sub going undetected and then firing a torpedo w/o being detected. When a torpedo is fired he makes one helluva an acoustic signal.

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    The ship was not equipped with the sophisticated sonar detection radar.

Additionally, the area where the ship was torpedoed is very shallow, which makes the detection even more difficult.

NK used one of their smallest sub to make approaching easier for a surprise attack.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    I guess they proved the SK ship was destroyed by NK explosives. Seems as if they were asleep at the helm but that's another story. The NKs are not denying it anymore and both are flexing their muscles. I think we, The United States, should just bring all of our troops home from everywhere, line both of our borders and let the rest of the world fend for themselves. When countries need our help they love us but any other time they denounce us. Fugg em all and let God sort em out.
    Problem with that is there are come countries that would be able to get close enough to lob some nasty things at us.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AFA1CY
    Problem with that is there are come countries that would be able to get close enough to lob some nasty things at us.

Please explain

Personally, I think the Korea mess could get real interesting and be used to gain favor for political gain.
    If we become isolated then countries like N. Korea or Iran could park their short range nuclear weapons on our back door. Let's not forget Cuba and a few missiles.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's amazing how bold some countries have been since we elected a weak president. Obama is not going to do anything unless the polls show it would be popular to do it. There's probably a Gallup poll or something out there right now asking:

-Would you prefer the US respond by sinking an NK Sub? (Y N)

Back in 2008, I predicted that a weak president will allow situations to escalate without an effective response until things get out of hand. This could just be another step in that escalation.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    It's amazing how bold some countries have been since we elected a weak president. Obama is not going to do anything unless the polls show it would be popular to do it.

:+1:

Though I disagree with you on the second sentence. Obama-care is proof in itself that his own agenda is more important than popular opinion. The majority doesn't want it, but he did, so he pushed it through anyway. He knows he's a 1 term pres so he's gonna get as much done as possible while he can (except for dealing with real-life threats to our country like NK)

latigo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bloomfield

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    If I had family in South Korea I would get them out NOW if possible. I believe this thing is going to be going full steam very soon. Kim Jong Il isn't going to let his country be just taken over before he dies and it has been said for decades that if NK attacks then Seoul is gone. South Korea may be able to defeat the north but I figure the UN will be doing the most work here. Unfortunately, Seoul is the best target for the North and they have enough artillery in range of there that it will get wiped out before we take the North out.

Top Bottom