• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    I'll be there, but my Father's Day money just disappeared into a new motorcycle battery and charger. Bummed I won't be able to take home any of Brad's toys.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Plan on being there Saturday morning with a Jennings J-22 Pistol and a Russian M38 Carbine for sale or trade. Just got back in the door from Florida.

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    That was a nice little show. There were more used guns at this show than there was at the March 1500. I saw some nice looking imports from South Africa and some neat Czech guns. Of course there were the idiots selling Mosin's for +$200 (maybe it was something special, I'm no Mosin expert). The ammo, at least the 22, was over priced, but I wasn't shopping anyway so I didn't really care. I got to handle an Italian Beretta 92 Compact, an apparently rare and smaller version of the 92FS. It felt REALLY good, with less weight and a more manageable grip. I am fond of the 92FS, but this comact was killer.

I got to meet Brad and play with the Kershaw, CRKT, and SOG blades I was interested in. No purchase, but it was awesome to get a feel for each brand.

My favorite part of the show though had to be the lady walking down every row of guns. She picked up every gun, and dry-fired each one three times. It was a constant SNAP SNAP SNAP ... SNAP SNAP SNAP, on and on. I wanted to have her kicked out, but it wasn't be deal, so I walked on. DEFINITELY worth the $5.

Now I need to figure out how to point a gun at a gun show without sweeping the world. It's tough.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I assume your dad has a table. :cool:

Yes, there indeed was a table under all of his junk ;)

IMHO the show before was much better.

Less dealers, slower crowd..........some deals might be had tomorrow, dunno.

What's a great show for one person is a junker for the next guy. Summer seems to swing them to extremes too. But ya just never know.

I thought about snagging the .22rf TC Contender Carbine bbl I saw, but I was a good boy and am holding true to original plan of holding out for a match bbl in shorter length.

Last edited:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Pretty decent show. Picked up a Gerber Prodigy from Brad's Knives. Helped a co-worker decide which .22 pistol to purchase. Was able to sell my rifle. Started a little slow, but by noon, the place had a nice crowd. Still plenty of room to walk the show and see the wares.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom