• ...and so much more!
  • hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Saw this on FB

The date you've been waiting for... December 5th, 11am, your favorite pistol range RE-OPENS to the general public! First 25 shooters get a FREE KODIAK SHIRT, so grab your pistols or help break in one of the 40+ new rentals available and get ready to put some lead down range!!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Grrr. It happens on the day that I will be in the Cath lab :-( when I talked to them a month or so back (on the ph) I was told they were upgrading their back stop to handle rifle calibers? At any rate it will be great to have them back open. I am hopeful I will be up to shooting some time over the weekend! Anyone up for a meet and shoot?? I'll pay for a couple lanes. Maybe one day next week??

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I just got off the phone with Woody at Kodiak. They have seriously up graded the back stops on the tactical and the shooting ranges. He says they expect to allow rifle calibers some time after the first of the year!

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    I just got off the phone with Woody at Kodiak. They have seriously up graded the back stops on the tactical and the shooting ranges. He says they expect to allow rifle calibers some time after the first of the year!

Upgraded how...seems like you'd allow rifle if already upgraded. Will await word from shooters once open. Thanks for the response though.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Upgraded how...seems like you'd allow rifle if already upgraded. Will await word from shooters once open. Thanks for the response though.

Just pasting on the info I was told from the range. Made the call about 15 minutes ago. I didn't make this up. Call for your self. 574-299-8000.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    Just pasting on the info I was told from the range. Made the call about 15 minutes ago. I didn't make this up. Call for your self. 574-299-8000.

Sorry you must have mis-took my post. I believe you 100%, just seemed odd is all. No offense meant, just like everyone else will await when shooting starts back up and the upgrades are made known. As some posted on their facebook page, this long of closure should mean some very substantial upgrades...time will tell.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I got the same thing via email. Be nice to shoot inside this winter without driving to Midwest Range in Elkhart.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    Well worth driving to a clean and professional range any day of the year in my opinion. Live in Osceola and neither is in my honest opinion worth saving a little drive time on. I do hope for their customers sake the improvements are significant, they deserve better than it was and then some.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I wish someone would open a range on the north side of the South Bend! Elkhart and Goshen are to far. I have shot at Kodiak quite a few times. the ventilation leaves something to be disired. Hopefully they have improved it too.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Loved that place when they had the metal targets.

As far as rifle calibers, i read a comment on their facebook about only allowing pistols ( in pistol calibers). Someone asked about an ar pistol and they were told they were trying to make it more begginer/family friendly and didnt want to scare them off with loud bangs or something to that matter. Little ridiculous to me.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Loved that place when they had the metal targets.

As far as rifle calibers, i read a comment on their facebook about only allowing pistols ( in pistol calibers). Someone asked about an ar pistol and they were told they were trying to make it more begginer/family friendly and didnt want to scare them off with loud bangs or something to that matter. Little ridiculous to me.
    See post #5

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Lanes: 10
    Lane Dimensions: 72′ x 4′ x 8′
    Targets: Static steel and knockdown auto reset steel targets. Five lanes equipped with paper target carriers.
    Firearms Allowed: Handgun and Rifle from .22LR up to .44 Magnum (includes 45ACP and 45 Colt).
    Type of Shooting: Standard point down range and shoot from ready position.

This is on their website. I don't know if it has been updated yet.
    Standard Range |

Top Bottom