• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Since Luger is now planning his forced retirement and looking for a lobbyist job in DC :):, Mourdock now faces Joe Donnely in the General Election.

Donnelly has already started to sling mud, so I thought it might be nice to have his voting record posted for those of us who plan on helping Mr Mourdock.

Joe Donnelly - U.S. Congress Votes Database - The Washington Post

Nearly 70% party line votes.
    He's abstained, it seems, on a few of the controversial issues. Partly, I think, because he planned on making this senate run. He's given up on remaining in the House.
    His last win was too close for his comfort and then the redistricting took away his dem stronghold, so he knows he won't win again for the ouse seat.

I talked with him when he ran for the house the first time. He claimed to be pro 2A and pro life
    I asked him point bank if he believed that Clinton's AWB was a violation of the Constitution and he replied "No".
    I asked him if he believed that SCOTUS had the Right to issue Roe v. Wade instead of affirming the States' Rights to regulated abortion. He implied (danced around it) that it was an issue that needed to be settled, but he didn't agree with abortion.

Of course, I posed these questions some years ago. I'm sure he has "evolved" since then.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Nearly 70% party line votes.

If a REP. votes 70% along his/her party line...is that enough?

I wasn't making distinction. It's up to each voter to decide based on the information that is out there.

Me? I didn't like the guy when I talked to him. He him hawed around answers, talking about "the greater good" and all that. If he was a R instead of a D, I'd say the same thing about him. He's not interested in the serving nation, IMO, just himself. A career minded politician of Luger proportions and he's only been in the house 3 terms. Ive no use for any of them, regardless of party affiliation :twocents:

Mourdock gets my support because of his conservative stance, not because he has a R behind his name.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    A lot of what I read seems to think he had no chance against Lugar (obviously) but with Mourdock on the ballot he stands a solid chance to win the seat. Glad to have donated to Mourdock again.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Martin County
    A lot of what I read seems to think he had no chance against Lugar (obviously) but with Mourdock on the ballot he stands a solid chance to win the seat. Glad to have donated to Mourdock again.

Somehow Mourdock or his supporters need to wed Donnelly to Obama. Given Obama's recent change of heart on gay marriage, that might be easier done than said.

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Joe Donnelly broke rank with the dems yesterday calling for a subpoena of Eric Holder re: fast and furious.

Looks to me as if he is playing to the crowd that came out enmass and voted for Mourdock, specifically the pro gun, anti-Obama, conservative crowd probably hoping this will pull some votes to him for those independent conservative leaning folks.

Democratic lawmaker affirms support of subpoena for Holder on Fast and Furious | Fox News

legamin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    The lies are only detectable when the polititian's lips are moving. If you cast a vote without the benefit of researching their public record then you can't complain if they disappoint you later. (hope? anyone?). Oscar Wilde said, the people deserve the government they get.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The lies are only detectable when the polititian's lips are moving. If you cast a vote without the benefit of researching their public record then you can't complain if they disappoint you later. (hope? anyone?). Oscar Wilde said, the people deserve the government they get.

One may also consider a significant theme in Judges, Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles: The people became corrupt first and then received corrupt leaders, never the other way around. This theme also appears in the Greek democracies and in the Roman republic. In an elected government, this is even more true that people necessarily will get the government they (in aggregate) deserve. The problem is that 49% of us get stuck with the government that 51% deserve.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Joe Donnelly broke rank with the dems yesterday calling for a subpoena of Eric Holder re: fast and furious.

Looks to me as if he is playing to the crowd that came out enmass and voted for Mourdock, specifically the pro gun, anti-Obama, conservative crowd probably hoping this will pull some votes to him for those independent conservative leaning folks.

Democratic lawmaker affirms support of subpoena for Holder on Fast and Furious | Fox News

Donnelly is decidedly pro gun as far as Democrats go. He gets a B from the GOA and an A from NRA. BUT, he is still is in the "regulate" crowd I have that from his own mouth to my ears. He has cast some good votes though I don't know if they were symbolic knowing the measures would either pass/fail no matter which way he cast up or down.

Representative Joe Donnelly, Sr. - Biographical Summary - Project Vote Smart

He gets a lot of money from the Unions

Joe Donnelly (D-IN) U.S. House | MapLight - Money and Politics

Total Campaign Contributions Received by Joe Donnelly: $1,990,547
    Top 10 Interests Funding

Interest Contributions
    Lawyers/Law Firms $186,278
    Building Trade Unions $76,500
    Industrial Unions $74,300
    Public Sector Unions $70,000
    Misc Manufacturing & Distributing $59,400
    Insurance $58,151
    Transportation Unions $51,500
    Real Estate $50,500
    Misc Defense $47,250
    Banks and Credit $43,750
    Top 10 Organizations Funding

Organization Contributions
    Am General Corporation $45,250
    Macandrews and Forbes $39,000
    International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders, Blacksmiths, Forgers and Helpers $16,500
    KPMG $16,500
    University of Notre Dame $15,496
    United Steel, Paper and Forestry, Rubber, Manufacturing, Energy, Allied Industrial and Service Workers International Union $15,000
    International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America $15,000
    United Food and Commercial Workers International Union $15,000
    International Brotherhood of Teamsters $15,000
    Eli Lilly and Company $14,000
    Contributions above are for the last two years of available data, Jul 1, 2009 - Jun 30, 2011. Contributions from political parties and from other candidates are not included in the "Top 10" lists.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    Needless to say, Dems see a chance at a seat so expect Donnelly to have money thrown his direction. It's important, if Moudock is your candidate to pound the pavement so to speak and donate if you can.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    He represents my district and has for years. On and off anyway. The guy will tell you what you want to hear and then vote with the party. Pelosi gave him cover on a few key votes last year and the year before that.

We told me he was all for more domestic energy production, strong 2A etc. but his actions don't match his words.

I don't think this race will be all that tight. Just my gut but I think Mourdock will drill him like Lugar.

I hope so, anyway, and will be supporting Mourdock in this race as much or more as the primary.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

This always tickle me, Lugar barely won 2/5s of Republic votes but somehow is supposed to win more than half of the votes in the general?

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The liberal media would love for everyone to drink the kool-aid regarding Donnelly's chances against Mourdock. In reality, he has none. Mourdock will win 65-35 minimum. Even amongst Democrats, who vote in Indiana in much smaller numbers than do Republicans, Mourdock will carry at least 25% of the vote.

Donnelly cannot win.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The liberal media would love for everyone to drink the kool-aid regarding Donnelly's chances against Mourdock. In reality, he has none. Mourdock will win 65-35 minimum. Even amongst Democrats, who vote in Indiana in much smaller numbers than do Republicans, Mourdock will carry at least 25% of the vote.

Donnelly cannot win.

I will agree. 9/10 of the hype about Lugar vs. Donnelly contrasted with Mourdock vs. Donnelly is nothing but the establishment trying to protect its lapdog. The only advantage Lugar would have in a general election contrasted with a primary is that he appears to be more liberal than Donnelly, hence, presumably would draw dem voters. That said, it really is time to back away from the kool-aid and have confidence in a good election for once in a lifetime.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Mourdock is by far the better candidate to run against Donnelly. He is not pliable in his convictions like Lugar was. Mourdock brings solid conservative values to the position and is going to run an intelligent campaign.

Stormvetprime

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Anyone who talks about the "greater good" clearly isn't about the Founders' vision of individual liberty and responsibility.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Donnelly decided to run for Senate because he could see the handwriting on the wall. He was pretty well aware he was not going to win reelection to his congressional seat, and it would have been less embarrassing to lose to Lugar. The ironic thing is He stands a better chance of winning the Senate seat now that he is not facing an incumbent. We need to be vigilant and defeat this bozo!

Last edited:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN

Donnelly cannot win.
    I hope you are right, but if you would have told me four years ago that Obama would carry Indiana I would have said you were smoking crack!

Top Bottom