• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I have never been and was going to go down there tomorrow morning.

Is it like a gun show where I can take a gun to sell or trade?

Do they allow handgun carry?

Will someone be there with a helicopter so I can pay to be a door gunner for a few hundred rounds?:draw:

Anything other tips that would make the trip more enjoyable would be appreciated.

I am taking a 4x4 to play in the mud with.

I searched the FAQ and didnt find anything pertaining to KC.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    They do have an outdoor gunshow that is pretty cool. I have only been twice and it has been about 4 years since my last trip, but I am pretty sure you can take your own guns like a regular gunshow.

Not sure on carry but my guess is NO like most gunshows.

Dillion might be there with his "Little Bird" but I am not sure a couple hundred would entice a bagilllizzzzillllionaire!! :):

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I have never been and was going to go down there tomorrow morning.

Anything other tips that would make the trip more enjoyable would be appreciated.

I searched the FAQ and didnt find anything pertaining to KC.

It's been 4+ years since I've been there but similar to the 1500, they'll zip tie the pistol.

Dealers with Indiana licenses are usually there to do dealer transfers and there were always private sales but I'm sure that the alphabet agencies will have officers in attendance so use caution. I'll be there in the AM, hope to be there by 10 AM at the latest

Stay Safe

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Yes.

Kentucky recognizes Indiana's LTCH, but event staff checks guns at the gate (must be unloaded/zip-tied like at any other gun show).

Will someone be there with a helicopter so I can pay to be a door gunner for a few hundred rounds?

Probably not. They auctioned off a door-gunner flight one year, and it went for an insane amount of money. A regular 15-minute ride in the Little Bird went for like $80 back when I did it, but it was like the best roller-coaster ride ever. :D

If you want to rent a gun on the lower range, you need to be there first thing in the morning to sign up; the waiting list grows quickly.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Rep to you guys.

One last question can I sell a rifle to a KY resident without going through a dealer?

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    ive been several times, mostly back when my father had his spot on the line, pretty fun. I reccomend getting there early saturday morning, signing up for rentals if wanted, and going through the show as it will take you sometime. Also, bring a cooler with sodas, water, food etc as the only place on site can be kinda $$$ and keep it in your vehicle(they dont allow coolers in the gate) Also bring a good set of ear protection, cheap plugs will work but after you take them in and out between vollies, the headset ones will definitely be your best friend especially when some of them nice .50 cals and bigger decide to start barking.

enough of my testimonial, go to the below website, theyve got a forum and all info you will ever need. It's the shoots official site

Knob Creek Gun Range

crap!!! i was thinking it was next weekend for some dang reason:wallbash:

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Never heard of it will have to look it up and make a trip
    its one of the most awesome displays of firepower in one place. I stop going a couple years ago, i had been going since i was little with my dad and grandfather but noticed some changes that I didnt particularly like but most of that was due to the economy and ammo availability. Id reccomend going at least once. The vast amounts of sheer history displayed are more than worth the entry fee and fighting the crowd.

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    Wow what a blast wife even had a good time. I rented a browning 1919 a4 100rds 100 dollars, but so worth the money. Really kickin myself in the head for not buying one when I had the chance 15 years ago.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    It was a really good time! My brother and I shot a mag a piece with the M1A1 Thompson. Helicopter rides were $100 for 15 minutes this year. They had a lot of great deals on ammo from what I saw, I know the AK ammo I got was cheap.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    You'll love it! Awesome times to be had. Take lots of cash because you'll be in Heaven with all of the vendor sales. Good people, nice atmosphere, OK food and definitely an experience to be had. Take comfortable water proof hiking boots and a backpack. Kentucky recognizes Indiana's LTCH but you will be checked at the entrance to make sure that you aren't loaded and that your firearm is secure. Check out the lower level shooting ranges. You can rent almost any gun you wish to blast off a few rounds.

Top Bottom