• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clearwat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Planning on heading down on Saturday for my first time. I know KY recognizes an IN License to Carry, but what’s their take on open vs. concealed carry? What is etiquette at this event? Thanks.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Just found out I'll be able to go Saturday and Sunday. A group of us will be leaving Noblesville and riding our bikes. We have one support vehicle taking all of the luggage. We'll be there all day Saturday and Sunday morning. Leaving around noon to head back. Taking a detour tour at one of the distilleries on the way home. I'm not sure which as I just now had plans change so that I can go.

I've never been and am looking forward to the show.

For those that have gone, I understand it's a big gun show as well. How does it work if you want to buy? Do they have to ship it to an FFL here in Indy? Or can you take it with you?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Just found out I'll be able to go Saturday and Sunday. A group of us will be leaving Noblesville and riding our bikes. We have one support vehicle taking all of the luggage. We'll be there all day Saturday and Sunday morning. Leaving around noon to head back. Taking a detour tour at one of the distilleries on the way home. I'm not sure which as I just now had plans change so that I can go.

I've never been and am looking forward to the show.

For those that have gone, I understand it's a big gun show as well. How does it work if you want to buy? Do they have to ship it to an FFL here in Indy? Or can you take it with you?

Long-arms can go home with you. Handguns you would have to find an Indiana dealer at the show or have it mailed to one.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    A Touchy Subject.....

They (KCR admin and "security") ask that all firearms be unloaded and ziptied at the gate, in fact, well, better not openly express my opinion, but they go to great lengths to achieve that goal;)

You'd be better off to leave whatever you carry in your vehicle, don't worry it will be fine. They had an ND a few years back, so the insurance gods proclaimed that all guns had to be zip-tied, period.

Long Story Short, leave it in your car, or be ready to unload it and let them zip-tie it.

Don't let the "security" ruin your time down there, they try, they probably mean well, but the way they go about it, they have a lot of room for improvement, in my opinion. A lot of guys over on Subguns.com, vow to and don't ever go there again thanks to many of the changes and policies there.

Go and enjoy yourself, don't forget eyes and ears, a camera, money and a pack to carry stuff in.

Enjoy!

DoubleJJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    where is that match? main range?

if it is down the hill somewhere, is there a place for spectators ?

The bolt shoot is done on the same range as the assault rifle shoot. It's down the hill from the subgun range. Plenty of peanut gallery room although if you want to stay a while bring a chair.:)

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    This is the first yr. that I didn't carry during the shoot. Not a real big problem if you did. I saw plenty who did. Just zip tied and unloaded. I went Saturday, got there around 11am and very little crowd to speak of. Everyone slept in I guess. A couple got married right before the shoot at 1pm. They exchanged vows right on the firing line and right after both shot a belt of ammo. Not sure what they shot though. Very touching moment. It looked like they exchanged sterling silver dog tags. With a port-a-potty in the background. Brought a tear to my eye!

Bought a few odds and ends. Some exploding targets, can't wait to use one of those baby's! 1,000 rds of 7.62x39.

On Friday I participated in the Zussman Urban Combat Training at Ft. Knox. They use role players to help train our men and women in our armed forces. IT WAS A BLAST!!

I can't talk about how they trained. These soldiers who trained their are BAD ASS MO' FO's!!

They are always looking for volunteers to help in training our fighting men and women. If you are interested in something like this then you should look into it.

Top Bottom