• 4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I'll be there Sat & Sun this go round.:ar15:
    Always got a list of pieces and parts that I'm looking for....:biggun::ar15:

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Yeah I just got word that it isn't a good place for little kids.

My dad started taking me when I was 8, I was just told over and over not to touch anything, hehe. But yeah, traditionally, it gets quite loud and crowded and not to scare you but there was a teenager killed there due to a malfunction years ago, I forget the details but it happened in the late 90s and there was a brief couple of years where they put an age limit on who can go on line. Not sure if that's still the case.

As for stuff to do for those who have never been, there's a huge show and shoot(no not everyone gets to shoot) itslike ten bucks a day to enter. The patton muesum is usually there with several operation tanks and vehicles. One can rent FAs if they want to spend a crap ton of money. There are helicopter rides and flame throwers. I reccomend every gun owner at least go once to the night shoot Saturday night. I was always on the line so I felt and saw it up close but its fun to be a spectator too. Just bring good ear protection and I would pack a cooler with drinks and food to keep in the car and plan for a long day

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Going to Ft. Knox on Friday to participate in the Zussman Urban combat training. They use volunteers for role playing. I've never been before but my bro-in-law tells me that they have a "fake" city built for training in urban combat. Sounds kinda fun, so gonna give it a try and then go to Knob Creek on Saturday. Looking for some more 7.62x51.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Going to Ft. Knox on Friday to participate in the Zussman Urban combat training. They use volunteers for role playing. I've never been before but my bro-in-law tells me that they have a "fake" city built for training in urban combat. Sounds kinda fun, so gonna give it a try and then go to Knob Creek on Saturday. Looking for some more 7.62x51.

That sounds really interesting. Please give us a review when you get back!

If anyone camps at O'Bannon Woods, drop by and see us. We'll be the noisy ones laughing so loud we'll probably be annoying the other campers!

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    I've taken my son since he was 8 and he's 12 now. Now he drags me thru the show. I'll likely take him out of school and go on Friday again.

Last year the mud finally came off my truck in January.

Where are the O'bannon woods? Have room for trailers?

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    Friday only this ime

Doing the show and sub gun shoot on Friday, then off to Evansville for Guy Minnis' AR-15 class, three great gun days this coming weekend, can't wait!

Plus joining MCF& G Tuesday, what else is there?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Doing the show and sub gun shoot on Friday, then off to Evansville for Guy Minnis' AR-15 class, three great gun days this coming weekend, can't wait!

Plus joining MCF& G Tuesday, what else is there?

Only thing up from there is Hookers and coke.

Top Bottom