• ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    qMPAg8d.jpg

A more proper view of my Jedi Master, really glad I went with it as the Green / Bronze really looks nice I think. The others kind of looked "Plain" to me I guess.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Love Jake's stuff. I've been after an A15 or Kwaiback for a while now. What do you think of it? We've got similar tastes on blades.

That is a beauty, sir!

Who made it? Custom or midtech? Model name? Blade length and thickness?

rhino likey. It may not be the maker's intent, but looks like a Scandinavian knife from . . . THE FUTURE!

Jake Hobak Kwaiback. I've been told this was part of the first runs which the blades were thicker. Thing is a tank and feels great. Blade sharpens easily and holds a good edge so far. Action is very smooth. But....2 owners ago couldn't sharpen worth a shat so it had some stone marks and uneven bevels on the edge. Friend I got this from polished a lot of the marks on the blade out and I've started blending all the edges on the bevel. Could use a spa treatment but it's a user so maybe not.

It's a slender tank, kinda dig it.

I'll have to post specs later

Specs..

Steel: S35VN
    Thickness: .186"
    Blade Length: 3 3/4"

Last edited:

Cur Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    Lafayette area
    2016_08_02_0649_HiRes.jpg

Doug Ritter was kind enough to send me this photo he had taken of this knife that I donated to his fund raiser.
    It is forged from a piece of 5160 has a 3.25 inch blade and the scales are Madrone Burl.

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This has been an expensive month for my knife addiction. Of course, it doesn't help that Brad is always willing to help me out when I need a "fix" :):
    29000874011_a4d7455e0e_b.jpg

ESEE 5
    ZT0909
    ZT0095BW
    ZT0900

Attachments

• 29000874011_a4d7455e0e_c.jpg
      29000874011_a4d7455e0e_c.jpg
      140 KB · Views: 3

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I made the blade (with help from a friend) and a different friend did the scales. Guyacayan is the wood, one I am very fond of and one that grows all over Puerto Rico. My friend lives in PR, making it free. He trims tress for folks and take home the wood and seasons it so he can make handles for folks he likes and of course himself. :yesway:
    KBit-1.jpg

KBit-2.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    That's a really nice karambit, warthog .... good job. Those handle scales look smooth as butter ! :yesway:

I don't have any knife-making skills, so I have to buy mine.
    Not wanting to turn into a rhino :D (just teasin', big buddy !), I also purchased a nylon trainer. I'm still in the process of perfecting my flip-n-grip.

i-MLNjtSk-L.jpg

i-LvdNmrb-L.jpg

i-NkTf8zJ-L.jpg

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Believe Me, I can't do it now,it's one I made awhile back and just had my friend re-do the scales. He does a very nice job and they are as smooth as butter. The wood feels so nice and he fits them to me so it really is nice, wish I could do that...

Anyway, I buy them as well, nice looking one you have too, I have an aluminum trainer and buddy made back when he had one of those water things that cut metal. I smoothed it some but it is basically just as he sent it.

who made your trainer?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom