Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    At this point, it's need.

I'm jonesin' again.

0sbxs9yh.jpg

Embrace the sickness Rhino, Medfords are ****ing awesome! (Brads picture BTW but its my knife)

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    My new EDC combo. Just picked up this dragon fly 2 because I wanted a smaller knife for when the 0301 is too much, Its pretty awesome in my opinion. Was on the fence between this one and the FRN model but Im glad I went with the G10 version Very good grip.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    My new EDC combo. Just picked up this dragon fly 2 because I wanted a smaller knife for when the 0301 is too much, Its pretty awesome in my opinion. Was on the fence between this one and the FRN model but Im glad I went with the G10 version Very good grip.

Nice looking little knife. One thing that turns me off to a lot of Spyderco models is the FRN handles. I love me some G-10.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Nice looking little knife. One thing that turns me off to a lot of Spyderco models is the FRN handles. I love me some G-10.

Thanks!

I know what you mean, The FRN looks "cheap", however Im considering buying an endura 4 in the FRN handles to try it out. while not aesthetically pleasing I feel it may be functional and when it comes down to it thats what I really want out of my knives. the ZT just happens to have function and looks all in one package. :): Ive been carrying the dragon fly since monday and you dont even know its there until you need it. Ridiculous edge out of box as well.

Highly recommended.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks!

I know what you mean, The FRN looks "cheap", however Im considering buying an endura 4 in the FRN handles to try it out. while not aesthetically pleasing I feel it may be functional and when it comes down to it thats what I really want out of my knives. the ZT just happens to have function and looks all in one package. :): Ive been carrying the dragon fly since monday and you dont even know its there until you need it. Ridiculous edge out of box as well.

Highly recommended.

Don't forget that the Endura amd Delica (and probably some others) have a steel frame under the FRN.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I've got an Endura in ZDP-189 with the FRN handles, it doesn't feel as nice as it could but that's some awesome steel. Once you get used to carrying Ti or G-10 handled blades, FRN does start to feel kinda cheap and plasticky.

The FRN material serves a purpose and helps Spyderco keep putting good blades in people's hands at a reasonable price to performance ratio.

Top Bottom