• ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    3 days and nothing new.

Well, picked this up for the hell of it, just one more knife to throw in the pack just in case. Even though it's made in China, for $20 what the hell, I'll risk it.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    3 days and nothing new.

Well, picked this up for the hell of it, just one more knife to throw in the pack just in case. Even though it's made in China, for $20 what the hell, I'll risk it.

Is that the Resilience? If so, I carry mine daily, has done very well for me, and I'm incredibly jealous of the price you paid for it...

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Is that the Resilience? If so, I carry mine daily, has done very well for me, and I'm incredibly jealous of the price you paid for it...

No, it's a Tenacious. I have a LionSteel for EDC, and I'm working on a couple Hinderers and a Ron Flaherty at the moment, I figured it would be a good knife to throw in the BOB, especially for the price.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    108D7B58-FA9E-41BA-B3A1-A033E41B831E-1037-000001372F553F35.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    looks fantastic! green g10? and are those stainless corby bolts?

Thanks!

Actually, it's 1/4" aluminum rod I got at the hardware store. For that first handle I wanted to use a softer pin than stainless just so I could concentrate on working the G10 since I had no idea how it would be (easy as it turns out). I have a small pile of Loveless and corby fasteners that I'll be using on the next ones. I had actually changed my mind and was going to use the loveless bolts on the handle, but had already drilled the tang for the 1/4 pins and I felt that it would be too hard to keep things centered up with that much play using the smaller bolts (would end up with th epins really off center after epoxying it all up).

Also, the tip is really thin and fragile. I have two more blanks cut out of the same shape. I thinking I'll only go about half way up with the grind to keep it a little thicker on the next ones, but I'm not convinced it will make too much of a difference...or I'll just make something else and leave them for later.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    a thin tip is perfectly fine, as long as it is used properly. and... if you break it, you can just reprofile it and it will be stronger... the reverse tantos and wharnies are hard to keep the tip from getting too stabby. and, frankly, stabby is the new black.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom