• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I have lived with a bad left knee for 52 years. I hurt it (hyperextended it) on a trampolene when I was 17 years old or so and it has been a source of misery for most of my life. It tore the miniscus pads (the cushion pads) in between the joint and whenever a piece would get caught between the bones it would give me all kinds of pain, sometimes for months and I had to work with it like that. I couldn't afford to lay off work and there was no gaurrantee staying off of it would help anyway. I saw several Doctors but no help. Finally I was able to get an MRI to verify what the real problem was (besides Arthritus) and the surgeon said the only course was a total knee replacement, so I said lets do it! Well that was completed 30 days ago and I am happy to say that I am walking normal again today and looking forward to a wonderful pain free summer. Praise the Lord. If your thinking of a knee joint replacement, JUST DO IT!

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

T_V

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I deal with people who have done the knee replacement thing and I have not heard of anyone who wasnt very happy with the results. Glad you are another satisfied patient.

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats and glad it all turned out well. My mom had both hips replaced a few years ago and she is virtually pain free and a lot more mobile. She said the main reason she did it was so she could do things with her grandchildren.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Had my right hip replaced in 2009. It gave me a whole new life. Only regret is waiting so long.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Glad to hear your doing great, I had my right knee replaced a little over a year ago, it gets nothing but better!! Congrats!

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    I'm glad to hear you are doing good. I had a total replacement a few years ago. Other than a pulmonary embolism a couple weeks later it all went well for me.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Glad to hear you are doing well. My parents have had both knees replaced, one of them twice. I have had crappy knees most of my life. I can probably expect to have mine done in 10 years or so. (if I last that long LOL) :D

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I had both my shoulders replaced at 17 and 19 and my knee replaced when I was 20. I've said it before on here and I'll say it again if you get to the point in your life where joint replacement of any part of the body is an option, DO IT!!!!!!! those who have had joint replacements will agree.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Joint replacement kind of scares me as I've seen many of the people that make knees and hips. Just make sure you know which parts are in you in case you end up with something that has a class action lawsuit, happens with DePuy, Zimmer, and Biomet products all the time.

Top Bottom