• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    When I bought my house it had an under-mount soap pump for the kitchen sink but I removed it to install a drinking water faucet in it’s plate. I’ve since decided that a soap pump would be nice. It seems I’m always doing something and then need to wash but don’t want to get the “mess” on the bottle of dish soap. So the other night I dig the soap pump out to put it in and it doesn’t work. So I tear it apart. It had a number of problems, all of with I corrected and it still didn’t work. I think it needs new check-valves and needs the valve-seats re-cut to clean them up. Not wanting to keep dumping effort into this pump if a new one could be purchased for a reasonable price I went shopping. EVERY single soap pump at Menards is really loose and wobbly. Does anybody make a quality soap pump that isn’t wobbly plastic? The one I have is brass and it has a nice, solid feel to it. That’s what I want.

So before I go through the effort of trying to repair the one I have, is there anybody that does make a good, solid soap pump that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg? I’m skeptical to buy anything online because I have no way to verify if its loose & wobbly or if it’s built solid like the non-working one I have now.

bass pro

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    west side guy
    Stay away from Menards if you want anything of quality. You might be able to find a replacement online using the cat number off your original.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    As a side note...I "hacked" one from a previous house we owned years ago. It had a little dinky soap container and I'm used to washing my hands a million times a day (dentist) so I was always having to refill it.

Found some firm tubing that I just happened to have around and instead of having the couple inch tube dip into the little soap container I ran it to a gallon+ refill sized soap container. I can't remember if it would pull it from the jar sitting on the floor under the sink or if I had to raise it by making a shelf but I didn't have to change that thing out but once a year.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Delta will have a decent soap unit, for a decent price. I could probably ship you over, if you wanted. PM or Email me if you want. - Dave

Top Bottom