• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Kimber > 1911 Pistols > Super Carry > Super Carry Ultra™
    I've had my eye on them since they came out this year... what do you guys think. Should I do it, or just go for the standard ultra carry?

The things I like about it are the carry melt, and the high cut trigger guard, along with night sights. I also think they just look really good compared to the standard carry.

Anybody have one, or any stories to tell about the ultra series?

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Looks good. I like how the heel of the grip is rounded a tad. I'm not sure what the different slide serrations are for besides looks and maybe some added grip. I think the frame color being light and the slide being darker like the aegis is different also. I carry a stainless sts ultra carry and like it. I would say if you can get a decent deal on one go for it. How much more are they then like say the ultra cdp II in the shops?

Last edited:

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    That's on my wish list!!

Can't find a store that has them yet to check out. Not ready to order without the "touchy feelly" and the "warm & fuzzy" senses.

Go ahead and pick it up and if you dislike, I'll give ya some coin for it......

jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    well, I handled one at a gunshow. So smooth and just the fit in my hand, wow, I was pretty sure I wanted one, but the dealer wanted almost $1500 out the door. Able's ammo has them for less at around $1225, plus free shipping. Kimber > 1911 Pistols > Super Carry > Super Carry Ultra™

The cheapest I can find on gunbroker is $1300 before shipping.

I'll probably go ahead and order it, I just wanted to see if anybody out there didn't like them and why.

jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    yeah, after i held one, it was all over. I found one online from sporting arms company, but the wait time was 4-6 months. Able's was sold out too. I then found one on gunbroker for $1199. Should be here in a week or two!

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I'm not a Kimber fan but if you like them then that's all that matters. I did have an Ultra Carry II a few years ago and had no problems with it. :D

prostate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    I currently use the ultra carry as my preferred carry piece. It came with a crimson trace laser grip which is also nice. It's perfect for me since I also have small hands

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    If you get one I will be jealous but after the problems with my ultra raptor two I dont know if I would get another Kimber. Although those look really good.

Mine has been back to the factory twice and still is somewhat finicky. Just a heads up, with the ultras they either work or they dont.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    My personal preference is the Compact Carry family..Officers model frame (same as the ultra) and a 4" barrel. I have an Elite Carry, forerunner of the CDP that just fits me perfectly.
    EliteCarry.jpg

I know where there is an all Stainless Compact carry and a Compact CDP II if anyone is interested :)

JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I had some problems with my Ultra Crimson Carry out of the box but foudn out it was the stock mag. Changed out to Kimber Pro mags and have not had a single failure of any kind since. In all fairness, the stock mag is working well now too so it may have just been a break in issue.

Not sure I would pay the price on the Super, you could buy a Ultra Crimson Carry that looks very similar and has a laser along with a Glock to beat on for the same price...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I carry an Ultra Carry II daily and have had no problems other than the crappy stock mag. I swapped it for a set of Wilson Combat mags and have not had an issue since. It's a great carry gun, especially with a set of thin grips.

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    Do it. I saw they had a full size and another(I believe the ultra that you want) at Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka today when I was there, don't know if you're located near there or not.

EDIT: Just saw you already bought one. Well for anyone else in the area that is interested then.

jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Not sure I would pay the price on the Super, you could buy a Ultra Crimson Carry that looks very similar and has a laser along with a Glock to beat on for the same price...

My main reason for going with the super was the high cut under the trigger guard. I have larger hands and that cut was just enough to let me get a full grip. The crimson carry, and other ultras left my pinky hanging. Another thing I liked about it is it is not a series II, so no shwartz safety. Also, the rear sight has a cocking shoulder (not a huge deal for me, but I can come up with scenarios where it could become useful.

Top Bottom