• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I had a custom II 5" CDP II with the EE and I didn't have one issue. I think the EEs are hit and miss, but some 1911 "experts" swear up and down that the EE is the antichrist to 1911s, lol. :) The CDP II was very light for a 5", sweet shooting and just looked badass... wish I never sold it. I'll get another someday...

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I have a Kimber Eclipse Pro II Target. Love the gun, not had a problem of any kind in the five years I have had it. I carry this gun about half the time. One of my other 1911's the other half. I don't find the weight that big a problem but I carry it in a custom rig and I wear suspenders a lot.

menzzer37

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have a Pro Tactical II with the external extractor and have had no problems. It throws the shells out everytime. I spoke with kimber about this change (back to internal) and I was informed that california no longer considered the extractor as an "empty chamber ID." Also, the military wanted a a less complex slide. Either way, if you do have problems, you can have them fit a new slide with the internal extractor.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I have a Tactical Ultra II and have been very happy with it. My other 1911 is a full size Springfield loaded. I shoot the Kimber as accurately as the full size. I really like the feel of the Kimber.

Bap1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    NE Indy
    I have a Pro TLE ii and absolutely love it, but, it's not an EDC for me. My vote for an EDC would be the Pro CDP. It's such a sweet gun!!

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I have the Pro TLE II - (Tactical Law Enforcement). The weapon is two years old and is as accurate as any semi-auto I have shot. It was my second 1911, I have an older Colt Officer's model. The Kimber is fantastic. It is reliable, accurate and a pleasure to shoot. I do carry it. A good belt in my opinion, solves the weight. I personally, find it easier to carry a 1911 or other single stack (Like my Sig P239) over a double stack like my M&P 9C. Just feels more comfortable to me. Then - when I get it in my hand - no contest. My only advice about the Ultra Carry is the sight radius - makes a difference - the weapon will be no more accurate than your capabilities.

ironmanran

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Lafayette
    FOUND & IN LOVE

Got a PM form partyboy6686 as to where one was loacted. Picked it up this afternoon. THANKS! IMHO the best looking kimber made. Another gun off the wish list. Going to have to wait a wile before another firearm purhcase can be made though. The wife took the check book away from me for a wile. hahaha:D
    I'll have a Grand Raptor, if I can ever find one...

flick1900

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Troy, IN
    I've decided my next purchase is going to be a Kimber 1911. I continue to hear great things and I'm already a huge 1911 fan. Mostly plan to use for CC and range shooting. Only problem is I'm not familiar with the models and their strengths and weaknesses. Looking for opinions on what Kimber models would fit the bill for me. Already carry a full size 1911 so this one will likely need to be a compact, but not subcompact. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You can't go wrong with Kimber. I really like my stainless ultra carry II, with the crimson trace laser grips. Nice pistol, and is reliable. Shoot Federal ammo in it. Great for concealed carry.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have a CDP II Pro, which is a very nice pistol and a keeper for sure. When I am at the range, and one of my friends shoot it who haven't shot one before, they are amazed of the accuracy of this pistol.

Dave

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a CDP II Pro, which is a very nice pistol and a keeper for sure. When I am at the range, and one of my friends shoot it who haven't shot one before, they are amazed of the accuracy of this pistol.

Dave
    I am looking at this one also along with others. I am really going to look in earnest for one of these first. How long have you had it?

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I bought it at Bradis around a year and a half ago. I have always been a Commander size 1911 fan, and this is one great looking pistol and as I said is very accurate. The only thing I didn't like was the kind of crappy mag you get with it. I would think they would provide a Kimpro. I bought a few Kimpro 8 round mags, and a few Wilson 47d 8 rounders form a good friend here on INGO. If you want to make a trip to Indy you are welcome to try it out.

Dave

Top Bottom