• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Co Th G

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Working on a Kimber 1911 SS, in 9mm. the issue is it will not eject the spent case. Not every time, but way too frequently to be reliable, thats the problem. It's a Kimber, so def expecting more reliable than not! The extractor is engaged well, and seems to be fine. The ejector has me puzzled. It appears to be a "normal" sized one, and has plenty of (read that as too much?) clearance to the slide. It is chamfered on the inside, and to me, that is where it engages the case rim the most so it should have more metal, not less.
    Has anyone else have this problem? I am thinking of recommending an extended or heavy duty ejector to fix. thoughts??

something like this Cylinder & Slide Extended Ejector 1911 9mm Luger 38 Super SS

PT Barnum proven right again!

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    FWIW, I removed the ejector and replaced with Caspian SS for the 9mm. It fits differently in the slide, and there is not a gap to the inside edge of the slide. I put 4 mags thru it flawlessly. When it got a bit dirty, with a box of wwb's put thru it, the 7th case failed to extract, twice in rapid fire. I did a bit of tuning on the extractor. Gave back to a happy owner, told him to exercise it regularly and let me know if further probs

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The lower edge of the extractor should be beveled slightly.
    If the new extractor comes as squared they need to be beveled.
    It's what allows it to slip over the edge of the case.
    They need to be "tuned" for weight as well.
    A smith should have a set of pull gauges they release under a certain poundage of load.
    You can increase tension of the extractor by pulling it 1/2 way out
    of the channel and turning it 180 degrees out and pushing the end away from the slide gently.

Top Bottom