• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Ooops, that would be a Kimber custom with a 5" and SS.

Thanks for your help!

"Custom" is Kimber-speak for government (size). I'm going to guess, then, that it's a Kimber Stainless II (Custom). MSRP is $964. That means Bradis would have it at somewhere south of $850 new, probably closer to $800. What you do from there is up to you, but I'd say if it's absolutely perfect, with all original junk, you might get $800. Something like $700-$750 is probably more reasonable.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    "Custom" is Kimber-speak for government (size). I'm going to guess, then, that it's a Kimber Stainless II (Custom). MSRP is $964. That means Bradis would have it at somewhere south of $850 new, probably closer to $800. What you do from there is up to you, but I'd say if it's absolutely perfect, with all original junk, you might get $800. Something like $700-$750 is probably more reasonable.

Thanks for your input , I am planning on buying it. I dont have any pics yet. It has been offered to me for $650.00. I will get the round count later. It does have the box and a few extras , so I 'm thinking it's a good deal.

Again, thanks much for the help!!
    (I've always wanted a Kimber, never shot 1. I am a 45acp freak) :yesway:

Last edited:

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    I paid $550 OTD for a Classic Custom Stainless (70 series) five years ago. Nice gun and a really good deal. Came with 1 mag.

$650 should be about right. Check for spalling on the slide and frame (Stainless Steel guns), cracks, erosion, and the breech face for pitting/wear. The casing will leave a circular mark. If you can feel it or see a circular divit the gun is heavily used. Most pistols however, are not heavily used. Make sure the grip safety works. If not you have some work to do on the internals. A teardown inspection is best.

Top Bottom