• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    How are the "needs" of non-law enforcement different than the "needs" of law enforcement?

The needs are clearly different:

32. Police operate with backup within groups, which is why they need larger capacity pistol magazines than do "civilians" who must face criminals alone and therefore need less ammunition.

Isn't it clear now? :n00b:

40 Reasons for Gun Control

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    "A negative for law enforcement is that the rifling of the barrel makes it almost impossible to match a bullet to an individual weapon with ballistic tests."

OK so why did they say this? Is that a truth or lie? I figured they all left a slightly differnt fingerprint all the time. Maybe the fingerprints are all the same and there are so many of them. I mean there are several million fuger 10-22's also so whould that mean they are unable to match 10-22 also. I just don't understand.

The way the gun is cleaned, number of rounds through it, along with rifling design/twist rate/twist direction could be deduced as of when I was in forensics class.....IIRC, 22lr is still next to impossible to get any details on them

Popacap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    The reason for the bashing the Glock 19 were two incidents (VA Tech & Tuscon Massacre) where crazy people committed mass murder with high capacity handguns. The real question is how do we manage crazies not getting guns in this society and still maintain our freedoms/2nd Amendment rights for the law abiding?

This is a huge question, with a very complex answer, which I don't have a complete answer for today! I'd guess part of a solution would be to re-instate a comprehensive mental health system at the local & state level. This would help indentify crazies before they act. In both of the cases sighted, which used the Glock 19, the local area had plenty of notice the crazy person was really afflicted. Laws need to be changed as well, to identify and help these people. This is a huge issue to take on, with a lot of cost and effort. It is much easier to bash the gun and ban magazines. This is the easiest approach for a politian...to seem like they are doing something to make us all safe...

A great argument against banning high cap. mags is...

1) A shot placement not firepower is what is key (six shots, six center mass hits is much dealier, than 32 shots with 2 hits)
    2) The fastest reload is another gun (a shooter with 10 mags, but has 3 guns) Shoot one empty...drop it and shoot the next ect.

If you were to ban certain semi-auto guns &/or high cap magazines the crazy moves to gasoline bombs! The nut wants to murder...as a society we need to focus on the nut and how to keep the guns out of their hands.

It is really funny we live in a very complex world, with complex (sometimes) solutions, but when it comes to this situation a complex one as well...the anti-gun media and politians want to apply a very base & simple solution...ban it! This is either incompetent or evil in their response to this issue!

My two cents!

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009

1) A shot placement not firepower is what is key (six shots, six center mass hits is much dealier, than 32 shots with 2 hits)
    2) The fastest reload is another gun (a shooter with 10 mags, but has 3 guns) Shoot one empty...drop it and shoot the next ect.

If you were to ban certain semi-auto guns &/or high cap magazines the crazy moves to gasoline bombs! The nut wants to murder...as a society we need to focus on the nut and how to keep the guns out of their hands.

My two cents!

I wouldn't quite call that a "great argument" as it's negated by a simple statement: "It's my right and my choice to decide what I carry."

As for the G19 getting a bad rap....what a joke.

my two cents.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville

It is really funny we live in a very complex world, with complex (sometimes) solutions, but when it comes to this situation a complex one as well...the anti-gun media and politians want to apply a very base & simple solution...ban it! This is either incompetent or evil in their response to this issue!

My two cents!
    NO. This argument will just make them place a limit on the number of single shot guns a person can own!

Top Bottom