• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    how did tey get your phone number? does carmel seriously have nothing more important to do that they have to track down people who run over geese? What the ****!? I am so glad I dont live there.

so with all the dumb bleeding hearts that live in carmel they will probly erect a shrine for the goose and seek to have you banned from their community. then an overzealous prosecutor will take you to court and probly say you were firing your gun up in the air wildly in celebration after hitting the goose that was hanging off your tire in attack mode. but not really attacking.

**** carmel. i was gonna end my boycott and go to a hot dog joint there. but not anymore. that city gets more retarded by the second. can we kick carmel out of the union yet?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    BTW Give them a simple short reply.

ie. Car in front of me swearved resulting in my evasive action which resulted in hitting the goose.

Answer no more questions and refer any other contact to your attorney.

Don't post anymore on here because the Carmel goons will try to use anything you post against you. Evidence is they have done it in the past here on INGO. Plenty of eyes on INGO.

I would also go and edit any previous posts.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    The canadian goose is protected by the migratory bird laws and unfortunately someone reported you as intentionally swerving to hit/kill it. The difference here between hitting this goose and say hitting a deer that jumps out in front of your car is that someone reported it as being intentional. Now this probably will be a he said, she said situation. Most CO's that I know aren't going to take the side of the witness unless you give them cause to believe you are lying about how it happened. My suggestions would be polite and friendly, giving them the straight facts. Good Luck and let us know how it turns out. You may not even hear anything from the CO's.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    When my daughter was learning all of the animal sounds I would ask what dose a goose say and she would answer "bang! splash!" :+1: For a dead goose. I worked as a maintenance manager for a large campground company. The mess these animals leave behind is awful! I had to add a employee just to clean goose **** off of sidewalks and from under pavilions. The beach had to be closed because of the mess. There was a number of times I would get to work and a goose would be in the pool.:xmad: There were several people on my staff attacked by geese while mowing around the ponds and weedeating. How ever you accident occured the outcome was for the best! A dead goose.

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yeah If I could I would swerve to hit them daily, but I guess that I would probably get in trouble for that. They should not be protected as they are. Anyway I would say that they have no case on you. Unless someone recorded you intentionally swerving to kill it, I would say all they can do is question you and then let it go.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah If I could I would swerve to hit them daily, but I guess that I would probably get in trouble for that. They should not be protected as they are. Anyway I would say that they have no case on you. Unless someone recorded you intentionally swerving to kill it, I would say all they can do is question you and then let it go.

Cops did not see you do it or stop you for it.

Hearsay. Anybody can call on anybody and say anything.

Screw em. Don't admit to anything.

"Sorry, it was not me driving." "Prove it was me driving."

End of story.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    BTW Give them a simple short reply.

ie. I'd like to have my attorney present before answering any questions.

Answer no more questions and refer any other contact to your attorney.

Don't post anymore on here because the Carmel goons will try to use anything you post against you. Evidence is they have done it in the past here on INGO. Plenty of eyes on INGO.

I would also go and edit any previous posts.

FIFY.

As a truck driver I have always been taught to not leave your lane for ANY reason. If you leave your lane you are considered to be out of control of your vehicle. I'll slow down as much as possible and/or swerve if I can stay in my lane, but I will not leave my lane to avoid anything other than another human. I own everything between the white stripe and my side of the yellow. As long as you did not leave your lane you should be fine. And yea, admit nothing, either they can prove it or they can't, no need to volunteer any info that might help them out.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    When my daughter was learning all of the animal sounds I would ask what dose a goose say and she would answer "bang! splash!" :+1:
    Funny and repped.

Cops did not see you do it or stop you for it.

Hearsay. Anybody can call on anybody and say anything.

Screw em. Don't admit to anything.

"Sorry, it was not me driving." "Prove it was me driving."

End of story.
    Not quite, LEO do not have to see you do it. They can't arrest you for misdemeanors or ordinance violations if they don't see you(for the most part), but if a prosecutor wants they can file charges.

And if they just went by what the people said, yes that's hearsay, but it's not hearsay if they testify in court.

I remember, a few years ago up in lake co, a bus driver swerved to hit a goose and her goslings. Several people saw it and called it in, I don't remember what the exact outcome was, but I think he got a hefty fine and some weekends in jail and probation.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    FIFY.

As a truck driver I have always been taught to not leave your lane for ANY reason. If you leave your lane you are considered to be out of control of your vehicle. I'll slow down as much as possible and/or swerve if I can stay in my lane, but I will not leave my lane to avoid anything other than another human. I own everything between the white stripe and my side of the yellow. As long as you did not leave your lane you should be fine. And yea, admit nothing, either they can prove it or they can't, no need to volunteer any info that might help them out.

Yes I was taught the same thing. Yet.....
    3 years ago I had a several cars at highway speed pull infront of me, in the 3rd lane to avoid a police officer standing in the middle lane of I10 directing traffic to get over. I saw the situation far ahead of them and moved to the third lane and was slowing down when they moved in front of me and locked them up. With one rearending the other causing a chain reaction.
    With not enought distance to get 78,000 stopped I chose the median. It had been dry and I moved over soon enough to stay just to the left of the solid line going along side the wrecking autos. When traffic in front of the wrecked cars cleared I went on.

Sometimes the situation is right to leave the roadway to aviod an accident.
    Trying to avoid an animal would never fit that criteria.

Top Bottom