• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I wish my kids could have experienced long summer days where they could leave the house at the crack of dawn, stay gone all day as long as they were home for supper without all the worries that make that a stupid thing to do today. That was long before everyone had cellphones too. If my bike was gone, my parents knew I was gone.

I was a kid that enjoyed projects too. My buddy and I had loads of fun taking a set of $5 walkie-talkies and hooking them up to model train transformers and huge antennas outside our windows to increase their range. Those toys would barely work from one end of the house to the other normally. We got ours to work between our houses over two blocks apart.

As far as what I did on my own, I have some fond memories of my parents being afraid to touch anything in my room for fear of what I had wired up to it. There was a big rug in my room with more wires under it than Ma-Bell. Whenever a fuse blew in our house, it was automatically assumed to be my fault. Good times.

D.B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Avon
    We had a large wooded area that we built a nice bxm track, a shooting range (bbguns), forts, a rope swing over a creek......... We stayed outside as much as possible.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I gotta say this too. If I were to wear a bicycle helmet, my own parents would have called me a dork!

Thats great!!! Repped!!!

We used to blow stuff up, build ramps for our bikes, play tackle football, no blood no foul basketball, crawl through drainage pipes, play hell on the people that wouldnt pay their paper bill!!!!!!! :xmad: I stayed outside as much as possible!!!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Dirt clod fights were fun. Random fires were always a good time(all seasons). Spending all day and a good part of the nights in the summer playing in the woods or cornfields. Football in the mud, rain, snow. Baseball and basketball all day in the summer. BB gun wars. Bottle rocket and roman candle wars. Breaking bikes jumping stuff then saving up for another one for to break the next year.

Top Bottom