Kids suspended for posting on FB about his santa suprise!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is why the world SHOULD OF/NEEDS TO end on 12-21-2012!

Student <-- Link to Yahoo News Article

Summary:
    1) Kid tells teacher he will dress as santa and pass out candy at school
    2) Kid posts on FB "Students of cchs ur in for a big surprise tomorrow ."
    3) Someone read the post, found it theathing and called police
    4) Police investigate, kid shows them custom, and police talk to teacher to verify the story, police say no issue.
    5) Crawford High School principal Mike Campbell was not convinced, saying he found the post disturbing. He had George suspended while the school investigates.

:facepalm:

ps.
    FB WILL ALWAYS get you in trouble boys & girls!

Ferstlerslim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Syracuse, NY
    Think about the flip side of the argument. A kid posts the same status, then shoots up a school. It's a small price to pay for a little over reaction. However, i don't think the student, in this situation, needed to be radically punished. I hope the enormity of the situation educated him enough on the sensitivity of his FB posts.

Dave

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'm not convinced we're hearing the whole story here.

I don't trust the media enough to buy it, as written. Remember, this is the same national media that reported an AR 15 in the trunk of the Sandy Hook shooter, yet when you see video, you see a rifle that is something other than an AR. Also, NBC news is now reporting that no AR was found in the school, with the shooter. Only 4 handguns.

So who is reactionary here? The school, the media, or the ones reading it? I just don't trust the media enough to react yet.

We all seem to react as if it is the God-honest truth, when it is something we find believable. Then, when it is something we don't find believable, we react with caution toward the media, which is probably not a bad idea, if you think about it.

I'll take the cautious or skeptical approach. The media has earned that. That includes conservative media, too.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I can tell you from first hand experience "Don't Trust The Media"! I wonder how many people have been charge with a crime as a direct result of a post on facebook, myspace or twitter? We monitor our 17 yearold daughters page and its amazing how many kids post pictures of drinking, doing drugs or videos of stupidity.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Think about the flip side of the argument. A kid posts the same status, then shoots up a school. It's a small price to pay for a little over reaction. However, i don't think the student, in this situation, needed to be radically punished. I hope the enormity of the situation educated him enough on the sensitivity of his FB posts.

Dave

Look at the flip side, a guy with a gun MIGHT be one of the 1% of gun owners that commit crimes, so taking away his gun is a small price to pay..

It's for the children..:n00b:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    How is this a FB issue?

Innocence is being removed from society, little by little. Every type of innocence. No comment comes without some asshat making it something it's not, and then we have to listen to the "Well, just imagine if it had been..." silliness. All because a bunch of people are too stupid to understand you can't stop others from doing something short of physical restraint.

Top Bottom