• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What doc says does make sense. There is a lot of moving going on. could help dislodge it.

Of course so would doing aerobics, working out, maybe yoga, etc. But those arent as fun.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well played, Doc, well played.

Are you serious about the intercourse thing? /raised eyebrow

The size joke actually was stolen from one of our surgeons who had to come in and relive his partner on call who went down with a stone :rofl:

Hope you feel better. The pain seems miserable

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They scanned my cat the other day (classical reference) and found a 6mm stone on my left side.
    6mm, huh. Somebody should write a story about how a character takes his 6mm kidney stone and fashions it into the projectile for a 6mm creedmoor and uses it to assassinate his mortal enemy, whereupon the stone disintegrates into untraceable debris :whistle:

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Well played, Doc, well played.

Are you serious about the intercourse thing? /raised eyebrow

My last ER kidney stone visit, a doctor told me of this study done in Turkey.

Here is an article of rollercoasters may be able to help

I had a thought of those 1970s home "exercise" contraptions that were a motor mounted up on a pedestal with a wide belt that the user put around their waist. The motor would move the belt a back & forth a small amount rapidly. Wonder if that could help the movement of kidney stones?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I had a thought of those 1970s home "exercise" contraptions that were a motor mounted up on a pedestal with a wide belt that the user put around their waist. The motor would move the belt a back & forth a small amount rapidly. Wonder if that could help the movement of kidney stones?
    Yes! I have thought that too. It's like plinko. Gotta rattle that dude down

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Grandpa had a history of stones problems when he was fairly young, prior to 40 IIRC. He was told to have a sip of pickle juice or lemon juice every day to prevent them. He tried it for a while and didn't have any more. Stopped the juice and in a short time was having stones again. Restarted the juice drinking and for the rest of his life he didn't have a single one. I guess the juice changes the pH of the urine just enough to help prevent the stones from forming.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i had them once.....i was running a bulldozer on frozen ground and the doc said it shook them loose.... :dunno:

i thought someone was stabbing me

they suck

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Grandpa had a history of stones problems when he was fairly young, prior to 40 IIRC. He was told to have a sip of pickle juice or lemon juice every day to prevent them. He tried it for a while and didn't have any more. Stopped the juice and in a short time was having stones again. Restarted the juice drinking and for the rest of his life he didn't have a single one. I guess the juice changes the pH of the urine just enough to help prevent the stones from forming.

Wonder if there is anything to this? Would apple cider vinegar have a similar function?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wonder if there is anything to this? Would apple cider vinegar have a similar function?
    They definitely recommend lemon juice/lemonade, etc along with just lots of water. My understanding is the citric acid in the lemon juice helps to avoid stone formation (depending on the cause/makeup of a person's stones).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They definitely recommend lemon juice/lemonade, etc along with just lots of water. My understanding is the citric acid in the lemon juice helps to avoid stone formation (depending on the cause/makeup of a person's stones).
    I've been drinking iced tea with a few squirts of lemon juice pretty much exclusively instead of pop for years. Never had a kidney stone (knock wood), but I don't know if that's the reason, or if I'm just not prone to them. I'm gonna keep doing it though!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've been drinking iced tea with a few squirts of lemon juice pretty much exclusively instead of pop for years. Never had a kidney stone (knock wood), but I don't know if that's the reason, or if I'm just not prone to them. I'm gonna keep doing it though!

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    I Feel your Pain! Too Familiar with the "Kidney Stone Dance." I've Survived 5 & Wife's had 1, as well. We've since refrained from Any Tap Water. Brita sees All Tap water we consume & since starting that process about 8 yrs ago-No Stones (Knocking on Wood). Hope I didn't just Jinx us!

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    I've had two, both were passed painfully. The first one I ended up in the ER and puked from intense pain in the trash can in front of the doc. They gave me a shot that had me on cloud 9 for hours until it came out. The second one, I ended up shooting out into a urinal after being rattled to death from a lawn tractor on rough ground. When it shot out, It was sudden and stung like a butt-clenching jolt of electricity. Dark chocolate and other heavy oxalates (spinach, certain nuts, etc) caused them to form for me. Now, I try to drink as much water as possible mixed with lemon oil and/or juice mixed. White chocolate is supposedly ok.

I'll pray for you.

Top Bottom