• ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I need one for when my 5 year old gets out of line.:):

Thank God someone saw that kid go in there or that they heard him screaming once he was in...That could have turned out a LOT worse.

Remington1100

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Franklin
    I also thought the safes were locked open so this couldn't happen. But shouldn't the people that work there know the codes anyway in case someone shuts it and they need to open it again for display purposes.

inav8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Pendleton
    I always wondered about the chance of an accident like this at Gander Mtn. Some of their safes are open and you could easily lock someone inside. I like the Dicks's model where if you want to see the insides, they go find the key/combo and show you.

IMHO if any store is going to display an unlocked safe then it should be a demo unit that is impossible to lock.

james e

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    safe

I think that they should keep them locked.And if someone is interested. then they sould open them.so that can not hapen.:twocents:

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Not sure how this could happen without assistance from outside. My safe (and I think it is rather typical) requires the door to be shut tightly, the opening lever to be rotated thru about 30 degrees to move the locking lugs and the S&G combination dial to be rotated to complete the lock.

Not sure of the activation process on an electronic combination lock but the other steps are necessary, I am sure.

Did I miss something in the OP?

joshrio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is pretty amusing! I'll expect Congress to be taking up a measure against gun safe manufacturers now. I can just hear Barney Frank now, "we'th need'th to punish-th these-th criminals-th!"

Disclaimer: This message not endorsed or supported by any candidate or candidates party.

Last edited:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I always wondered about the chance of an accident like this at Gander Mtn. Some of their safes are open and you could easily lock someone inside. I like the Dicks's model where if you want to see the insides, they go find the key/combo and show you.

IMHO if any store is going to display an unlocked safe then it should be a demo unit that is impossible to lock.

I agree :yesway:

Top Bottom