• ...and so much more!
  • Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    No, No, No...

This thread isn't about Old Navy and Gap making you more comfortable with your feminine side. (although I'm not disputing that either) This thread is about...ummm... oh crap! Now you made me lose my train of thought. Thanks a lot!

It's all a red herring so the OP will not get his man card revoked for shopping Old Navy, um, I mean being with others who were shopping at Old Navy.

I bet even those kissing guys in Kenya do not shop at Old Navy, just sayin'

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    When asked to leave you really had no choice. It is a private business and they have the right to refuse service to anyone. If you do not, then they call the cops and you are arrested for trespassing. Buy a more concealable holster and shop somewhere else.

Why should he have to spend hard earned money on a " more concealable holster"? When I cc its a blackhawk serpa with a hoodie

Also most cc holsters are just not comfortable. Some one sees the barrel of my gun or when I OC and they get butthurt over it. They can get over it, or ask me to leave. If they ask me to leave I do and don't return. I don't go to my sisters house any more because every time I do she ask me every time if I "left it in the car".

andrew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Where the fur traders sang
    Im really surprised that he did come and ask you to leave. BIG mistake on his part, look at how many people are not going to be shopping at Old Navy now, including me! (Even though I don't shop there)

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    If the barrel was barely sticking out I see no big deal ,Thats nuts,screw'em I hate old navy anyway.

My guess is the manager is a pencil neck little weasel that wanted to feel like his existence mattered that day. I know that the one manager that wanted me gone fits that discriptions he sent a clerk to do it and couldn't even word it right.

Sir if you have a gun on you you should know that the cops have Ben called and are on thier way. So if I were you I'd leave

....ok....

Then when the manager finally ask me to leave he was shaking

Pilot up in fortville

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If you're going to send an email or letter to Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic, I'd suggest that you NOT send it to their customer service email addresses. Those WILL be dead ends. See if you can find email addresses up the ladder, (CEO, VP's, etc). Those will get you somewhere. The guy or gal making $9/hr is just going to hit delete after sending you the form letter.

ChaoticMunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    MSG2 - Lawrence, IN
    Glad I found out about this post on Facebook. I haven't been to Old Navy or Gap in years but this makes me glad about that and ensures I will never step foot in their stores. I will also be spreading the word to avoid their stores to family and friends.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Does anybody else think there should be a patch for this. Not necessarily Carrying. But just for "Kicked out of Old Navy". Whenever I read those words, it's almost like the OP should get a patch.

n9vmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Glad I now have a reason to not shop Old Navy/Gap. This also is a good reason for a shoulder holster.

gunnut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Greenwood
    In regards to old navy I carry my 1911 all the time in the greenwood mall. thankfully I've never been in that situation. But I do look for those signs that say no firearms. That doesn't mean I obey them. But greenwood currently doesn't have one. Butt I'm sure that could change. One more way they are trying to infringe on our rights. We must protect our 2nd amendment.

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    I will make sure that everyone I know doesn't go to ON anymore! With that said, I'm about to walk in there and see what happens. It's a damn shame this happened to you, but you gotta be aware of how visible your gun is. Maybe its time to get something smaller.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Thank you for your email and for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience in our 86th St. Indianapolis Old Navy store.

As a retailer, we reserve the right to set guidelines, policies, and procedures for our stores. Please know that, in any of our brands we do not allow customers or employees to possess firearms on our property, with the exception of authorized law enforcement or security personnel. We apologize for the frustration that this may cause you. It is not our intention to have a guideline that may upset or frustrate a customer.

Please be assured that we have documented your feedback and forwarded your concerns to the appropriate management staff responsible for the store you were shopping in. The concerns you have outlined will be addressed and every effort made to improve the shopping experience for everyone.

We truly value your business and hope you will give Old Navy another opportunity to fulfill your shopping needs.

If you have further questions or concerns, please call us at 1-800-OLD-NAVY and follow the prompts to share your store experience. We are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Thomas
    Old Navy Customer Relations

First it was the DHS; now you're on the Old Navy list! :):

Top Bottom