• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    It's about the grand kids, we both love 'em should have mentioned that.... 3 year old, 18 month old, and 1 on the way.....love 'em! but Khalifornia?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Coming from another Air Force family, they are going to be stationed somewhere else in a couple years; what would you do then? But I'm just repeating what others have already said. I don't think I would ever consider a move to Kommiefornia, and it sounds like she wants to be next door, not next state, so I hope common sense prevails.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    It's about the grand kids, we both love 'em should have mentioned that.... 3 year old, 18 month old, and 1 on the way.....love 'em! but Khalifornia?

Southwest Airlines two or three times a year is much cheaper than a move.

Look at the unemployment rates in CA, it's tough to find a good paying job here, much rougher there. I know some very highly educated engineers out there that are unemployed.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Visiting is cheaper. I live in CA(sorry) wishing I was in IN with my son and grandkids.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Grandkids, eh? Isn't that why I, I mean God, created holidays? Seriously, getting to see grandkids more often is not a logical reason to move across the country to a place with no jobs, no ability to protect yourself, and the fact that you would have to deal with all the idiots out there. Of course, I have yet to accuse a woman of using logic.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Seriously, it sounds like it's time to tell the wife to cut the apron strings. Is your relationship about you two? Or is your wife gonna follow the daughter for the rest of her life.

My wife is from Seattle and still has a 27 yr old son there. She is in SE Indiana because that's where I am.

I would be willing to bet the son-in-law DOESN'T want the mother-in-law in his marriage either. CA sucks bad when it comes to all the gun laws, an all their gangs an crime.....O wait, they don't have any, gun control works. :laugh:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I was in the AF in the last century, I've asked my wife if she expects us to move with them every 4 years, I was hopeing for Fl, and still praying God will change the AF's mind.............,He can do anything!!!
    You'll like FLORIDA, Today was the coldest day this winter, it drop to 55* this early morning:D

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I think we might have dodged a bullet, we were talking today and when I mentioned moving there, she said "I know you wouldn't be happy there, just like I'm not happy here" I would do anything for her, and the grandkids, but she realizes the cost, and crime is bad there , at least my S-I-L and daughter will be living on base (plus my wife has been watching a documentry (Spelling?) on the MS-13 gang)

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    It won't take much media coverage of Commiefornia to cement your place here. The links mentioned earlier are a good start. I'm sorry, maybe it's my age or girth or the warmth of a large lump in the center of my back but I would say " C YA " in a heartbeat.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Communication is nearly free now, with some ingenuity. Visiting isn't that much if you don't mind being molested. I would not move there for anything, and, as hard as it would be, I'd tell her that. If the choice is stark and irrevocable to her, she'll take it seriously. If hers is wrong, you're better off. I know that's hard, but been there, done that. I miss her, but, you know. I'm happy where I am. YMMV. Good fortune to you.

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Just sell your house and buy an RV. That way you can drive to your new location when they get stationed again.

Top Bottom