• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    My wife wants to follow my son-in-law (USAF) and daughter to Khalifornia, I told her I didn't want to move because they don't believe in freedoms, gun or other-wise there, I was told I'm selfish.... I don't want to register my guns, or have go through the nightmare of a Khalifornia CCW I don't want a divorce, and I want to see my grandkids.....aaarrrggghhhhh

MrSmitty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    That's what I was thinking but she doesn't want to be hours away, as for the job, I'm 50, over weight, and a welder, no college...what a job prospect!! I'll take AZ

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    My understanding is that if one is in the military, they will get moved around from time to time. Might want to start learning German, Korean, and any other language where we have a military base/post/etc. (-:

MrSmitty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I was in the AF in the last century, I've asked my wife if she expects us to move with them every 4 years, I was hopeing for Fl, and still praying God will change the AF's mind.............,He can do anything!!!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Heh, my girlfriend was born in California, and her dad currently lives there.

She knows very well that I will never enter the state. If something happened that she just so happened to go there? Ah well, it was nice while it lasted!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Seriously, it sounds like it's time to tell the wife to cut the apron strings. Is your relationship about you two? Or is your wife gonna follow the daughter for the rest of her life.

My wife is from Seattle and still has a 27 yr old son there. She is in SE Indiana because that's where I am.

jlgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    Clarksville
    my friends son is in the usaf and only been in 5 years, and has been trasnsfered to 2 post in the states and now is based in England. thats alot of movin...

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I was in the Air Force for 12 years. Six moves in the 12 years. Two of those moves was overseas.

Personally, I would tell her that if she wants to move with them, then go live with them. It is very hard to move and try to find new employment at this time. Cost of living in California is crazy expensive. I had a good job offered to me there at one time. Cost of living is what kept me from taking it.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Tell her it's time to cut the apron strings.
    Not trying to be mean or insult your wife, but it sounds like she is the one who NEEDS her kids, not the other way around.
    Explain that visiting is much less expensive. Even in this economy, a house half the size in CA will cost twice as much. And then you have higher property taxes, utilities, fuel, etc. Economically, it makes no sense unless Uncle Sugar is footing the bill, as is with military members.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Wife and I moved AWAY from California 8 years ago. I also did 6 years in the Air Force, 2 years in CA, 2 years in UK, and 2 years in AZ. I returned to CA after my time in service but I could see that my birth state was (and still is) falling apart.

Some of your guns are probably illegal in California. Get your wife a Southwest credit card so she can fly to visit and then return from commie country.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Tell her it's time to cut the apron strings.
    Not trying to be mean or insult your wife, but it sounds like she is the one who NEEDS her kids, not the other way around.
    Explain that visiting is much less expensive. Even in this economy, a house half the size in CA will cost twice as much. And then you have higher property taxes, utilities, fuel, etc. Economically, it makes no sense unless Uncle Sugar is footing the bill, as is with military members.
    Yes, taxes, and cost of living will be MUCH larger. Home prices, gas, groceries...EVERYTHING. And per your description and employment prospects...things will be hard. Not sure what your wife does...but expect your standard of living to go way down moving to Kalifornia.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    To me this would be a deal breaker. I'd tell her she has an important decision to make. For her to even consider this, seems like maybe other issues, but not my business. Good luck.

Top Bottom