• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    The bill seeks to nullify all federal gun control measures on the books: past, present and future. It reads, in part:

The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Kentucky finds and declares that all federal acts, laws, orders, rules and regulations regarding firearms, present or future, are a violation of the sections and amendments to the Constitution of the United States specified in Section 1 of this Act and are:

(a) Invalid in this Commonwealth;

(b) Not recognized by the Commonwealth;

(c) Considered null and void by the Commonwealth; and

(d) Of no effect in this Commonwealth

Kentucky Bill Would Nullify All Federal Gun Control | Tenth Amendment Center Blog

:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    The Feds will hold money's hostage.

It hasn't happened to the states that have decriminalized marijuana.

With the Senate majority leader being from Kentucky, withholding money could be difficult.

Don't get me wrong; I think it's likely, because I don't believe that either party genuinely cares about the people. But I wouldn't consider it a foregone conclusion. Don't ever underestimate the Congress's ability to gridlock.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It hasn't happened to the states that have decriminalized marijuana.

With the Senate majority leader being from Kentucky, withholding money could be difficult.

Don't get me wrong; I think it's likely, because I don't believe that either party genuinely cares about the people. But I wouldn't consider it a foregone conclusion. Don't ever underestimate the Congress's ability to gridlock.
    Heah, but no one really cares about MJ. McConnell will pee himself in confrontations with this administration just like he has in all the other confrontations.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    McConnell will pee himself in confrontations with this administration just like he has in all the other confrontations.

Probably. But if there is one thing that a US Senator can be expected to care about, it's using the treasury to retain his position of power.

The Professor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Evansville
    Well, I think this is just political posturing.

Now, if the Governor, Commander of the State Police and Sheriff's of the Commonwealth were to stand together and support this, going so far as to promise to arrest any federal officers or agents who attempt to enforce the laws they nullify. . .

Now THAT would get my interest.

Until then, I won't be holding my breath.

The Professor

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    [h=2]Kentucky Bill Would Nullify All Federal Gun Control[/h]The Federal Constitution already does so.

Shalashaska

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2016
    Indiana
    reminds me of the firearms freedoms bills that passed in several states around '10 that exempted all guns mad wholly instate with instate materials from federal regs. Sadly they were shot down.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Well im all for each state defending the Constitution from the Federal Gov. And all for police enforcing it by arresting federal agents. With that said I have to agree with most on here that it is posturing and will go no where. If all the states started do this and then they all refused to have there native citizens federally taxed then we might have some teeth. Also I love when congress is gridlocked. The less they do the more free I am. I think mark twain said something along the lines that, "no freedom is safe while congress is in session"

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Sounds like more posturing to me, too.

Which state was it that said "full auto rifles made in this state and kept therein are no subject to federal law"? Were any ever made or sold?

Top Bottom