• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcr465

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    Bought a PLR 16 at Indy 1500 on Saturday. After crying as my wife yelled out me. I was allowed to keep it. (Not my proudest moment but effective!!)

Anyway, already figured out that it doesn't like to feed from a full mag. Slip a couple ctgs out & it does fine.

Anyone else have any experiences with this pistol they could share?

:ar15:

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's a kel-tec, expect some issues

Yes, you definitely have to be careful of anything that comes out of Florida :D:D

I've had my PLR16 for about 3-4 years and haven't had any feed or function issues yet. Probably have run about 1,000 rounds through it (Most were rounds fired by others who wanted to shoot the COOL gun).

I was impressed enough to get the 1st RFB in .308 as soon as one hit the market in this area. Also have the PMR-30 in .22 mag.

Yes, Kel-Tec has some issues with the first models on new releases, but they always make it right. I like innovation and can deal with a few problems as long as they are responsive and make it right.

ret

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    I had a Plr 22 and 16. Both ran flawlessly. Regret letting the 16 go but was swayed by the data regarding bullet speed, lack of yaw and potential stabilization issues out of the short barrel since i was planning to put my suppressor on it. Now i wish i had it a d wod like to try the can on it. You know by now how loud it is. I went with a su16 for the longer barrel, vocit and assured stabilization. Runs well too. The plr was. Accurate and i used a red dot. When i used the single point sling as a stock, it made a huge difference. I was very hAppy with the 16 and the 22 plrs. Enjoy. (I never used steel cased ammo)

Mr. Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    I use Magpul 30 mags and have loaded them full with no issues.
    I always use brass, haven't tried wolf.

Top Bottom