• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    the ones on armslist at the MSRP are pre-sales, you pay the price and then wait.....and wait.....and wait.... the list is first come first serve so you may wind up waiting years to actually get your hands on the gun you paid for.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I saw one at the Nappannee gun show a couple weeks ago. It was the first one that I had ever seen. Only $1900. What a deal.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    hurry hurry hurry. time is running out, saturday the 12th yes saturday the 12th is the southern indiana friends of the nra spring gunapalloza, for 100.00 dollars you have a 1 in 25 chance of charlie sheen'ing(winning!)a gun and guess what #2 is.....hold you breath....a keltec ksg shotgun!

but hurry time AND tickets are running out

heres the whole list (thanks snorko)

1. Stag Arms M-4 5.56mm Rifle w/ Tactical Solutions AR-22 Upper & Cascade Titanium Suppressor
    2. Keltec KSG 12 ga Bullpup Pump Shotgun

***3. DPMS Panther Long Rifle .308 Nato
    4. colt Combat Commander Stainless 1911 .45 Pistol
    5. Ruger M77 Gunsite .308 Scout Rifle
    6. Springfield XDM-45 Semi-auto Pistol
    7. Stoeger Uplander Supreme Combo 12 ga / 20 ga S/S Shotgun
    8. S&W Governor .45/410 Revolver
    9. S&W M&P 9mm Semi-Auto Pistol
    10. Auto Ordnance 1911 A1 Mil-Spec .45 ACP Pistol
    11. Mossberg Mod 590 A1 12 ga Tactical Pump Shotgun
    12. Taurus M44 Tracker .44 Mag. Revolver
    13. Ruger LC-9 9mm Pistol
    14. Savage AXIS XP Camo .223 Bolt Action Rifle w/ Scope
    15. Kel Tec PMR-30 .22 Mag Semi-auto Pistol
    16. Remington Model 887 Nitro-Mag 12 ga Home Defense Shotgun
    17. Ruger LCP .380 Semi-auto Pistol
    18. Mossberg Model 500 JIC 12 ga Survival Shotgun
    19. Savage AXIS XP .308 Bolt Action Rifle w/ Scope
    20. Stoeger 12 ga S/S Coach Shotgun
    21. Ruger K10/22 .22 Semi-auto Rifle
    22. S&W Model 22A .22 Pistol
    23. Henry AR-7 .22 Survival Rifle
    24. Remington Model 597 .22 Rifle
    25. Heritage Arms Rough Rider .22 Western Revolver

the grand prize is valued at 2500.00(the nra is giving you 200.00 to pay the transfer tax on the suppressor

****UPDATE #3 has changed to a springfield m1a(i think) but it is NOT the .308 dpms****

pm me if you want tickets, i dont have any but i can point you to people who do!

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    No idea why someone would pay more for a KSG then you could get a fully tricked out benelli m4 or saiga12.

Its a neat shotgun dont get me wrong but no where near the asking price you see them for or even half that.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I don't understand why they're so expensive??? Dealer is $543, so the best place to get one would obviously be PSS, where it's probably $599.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    With some many good shotguns out there why would anybody buy a shotgun for a company with a spotty quality control.
    Ok, we get it, you're a Kel-tec hater, that's cool, I won't judge, but I ask the same in return. If somebody wants to buy it why do you care? They aren't spending your money... I think many people are aware of the Kel-tecs history. For me personally, when prices come down, I'd definitely be willing to pay for an innovative product like this even if it does come from a company that has had a spotty history. Why? I personally don't think there is anything wrong with the KSG, it's fairly well designed IMHO.

No idea why someone would pay more for a KSG then you could get a fully tricked out benelli m4 or saiga12.

Its a neat shotgun dont get me wrong but no where near the asking price you see them for or even half that.
    Hmmm, I'm not sure either.

OAL of a Benelli M4 is 40" and that of a KSG is 26"

14" isn't that much of a difference is it?

M4 mag capacity is 4 +1
    KSG mag capacity is 14 +1

You're right, I just can't see the difference between them and I completely don't understand why anybody would want to buy this shotgun.

I don't understand why they're so expensive??? Dealer is $543, so the best place to get one would obviously be PSS, where it's probably $599.

Supply vs. Demand

Kel-tec is notorious for having supply problems, and demand for an innovative design like this is rather high, and therefore you end up with a high price. As demand is satisfied and if production ramps up you will see the price fall. I want to buy a KSG, but I'll be waiting until the price is reasonable. Reasonable to me is quite a bit under MSRP so I'm sure I have plenty of time to wait.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    they will be issued to police first and if lucky you might get one with a 200% mark up
    :scratch:

Huh? Issued to police? I doubt it... the problem is that production isn't fully ramped up yet... Are you implying that if a police department places an order it moves to the front of all the other orders that have already been placed? How do you know that information?

:dunno:

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Hmmm, I'm not sure either.

OAL of a Benelli M4 is 40" and that of a KSG is 26"

14" isn't that much of a difference is it?

M4 mag capacity is 4 +1
    KSG mag capacity is 14 +1

You're right, I just can't see the difference between them and I completely don't understand why anybody would want to buy this shotgun.

Your right the benelli doesn't have a factory short barrell, extended mag ,and collapsible stock version or anything :rolleyes:

Surprised you didn't look up the turkey gun version to debate me with....

You clearly love kel-tec, i think their products are neat but nothing i would depend on. I doubt you will see many or any military or police agencies trading in their benelli/moss/rem for a ksg anytime soon.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom