• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I'm needing a pistol that will be very easy to conceal, I have it down to the Kel-Tec P-9 or P-11. I've have handled both. I'm hoping to hear what owners think between the two pistols.

rlynch25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    South East Indy
    I went with a PF9 due to the thinner grip. I'm happy with mine. It's a long trigger pull but mine is consistent throughout the pull. Accuracy is good and I have had only a few jams, mostly with some reloads that I bought at a 1500. With factory ammo, or even my own reloads it's been fine. It's very easy to conceal due to it's thin grip. Having the magazine extension on the mags is very helpful in controlling recoil. I have 2 mags and added the extensions to both.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i think they are both good guns. it is just personal prefference between the two. i personally like the p-11 better because i do not like acessory rails on my handguns and i like the higher capacity of the p-11. good luck in your decision.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I have the P 11, and I love it for the most part. Both are very suitable and a great value. The trigger pulls are loooonnnnggggg, but its your only safety so its worth it i guess. I would buy any of the keltecs really. I would say just leave it up to which ever one you find the best deal on

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i think they are both good guns. it is just personal prefference between the two. i personally like the p-11 better because i do not like acessory rails on my handguns and i like the higher capacity of the p-11. good luck in your decision.
    :+1: couldnt have said it any better.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I've owned two Kel Tec Pf-9s and liked both of em. I like my most recent one a lot.

Plainfield Shooting Supplies has the cheapest, and Bradis is close, but they'll match the price too.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Thanks for the information. To me it's always best to get info from people that own the pistol. When I've checked them out there seems to be very little difference, making the choice difficult.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    For the price , you cant beat the PF9, and it is a perfect conceal size.

It is a little lighter and a fuzz thinner than my Kahr CW9.

I think the grip size / round count would make me consider the P11.

I am fighting with the rounds number verses size issue myself.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I like the higher round count of the P-11 and I'm sure the grip would be more comfortable at the range. But, then I'm thinking that the P-9 would conceal better. This pistol will only be carried in hot weather when covering something larger would not be practical. I have been using the Kel-Tec 380 but would feel more comfortable with a 9mm.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    The PF-9 is my cary everywhere gun. I have not held the P-11. The PF-9 is super concealable, but be sure to practice with it at the range. I find it harder to shoot accurately compared to a bigger Glock or something (but that is to be expected.) Pair it with 7+1 rounds of 115gr JHP and you'll be good to go.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    PF-9 here. The P-11 felt better to me, but for concealment, nothing I have beats the PF-9. Been nothing but 100% reliable for me and would still buy one if I had it to do over again.

Guy9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Marion
    I've owned two Kel Tec Pf-9s and liked both of em. I like my most recent one a lot.

Plainfield Shooting Supplies has the cheapest, and Bradis is close, but they'll match the price too.

How much we talking? I have been looking to find a good deal on one, the best i got is 249.00 for a new one.

Tallenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Thorntown
    I had a PF-9, and to be honest, I was disappointed with it. It was not as small and convenient to carry as I had hoped it would be. It's the only gun I ever traded away, and didn't regret it.

It turned out to not be much easier to conceal than my Glock 27, which is what I carry most of the time. 8 shots of 9mm or 10 shots of .40...

For those rare times when I need something even easier to conceal, I have a Kel-Tec P3AT. (Yes, I know the consequences of carrying .380, and I accept them- and I'm not going to get into a caliber pissing match. My life, my choice. Don't like it? don't carry it.) Anyway, this gun most definitely DOES have significant advantages in concealability. I've never worn an outfit in which I could not conceal that gun- including a bathing suit (basically, shorts). I can drop it in my jeans back pocket with tucked-in shirt, or hang it with the clip on my sweats (I still use a pocket holster, even with the clip though- I don't believe in Mexican carry). Also, despite advertisements to the contrary, it's the only gun I have I can comfortably carry in my Smartcarry.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    I agree with you about the 380. I'm carrying a Glock 26 and would think that the Kel-Tec would be a lot easier to cover. Surprised to hear that.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    How much we talking? I have been looking to find a good deal on one, the best i got is 249.00 for a new one.

I believe the basic black one is $239 at PSS, so $249 is pretty good. Bradis is setup at $259 or so.

IMO it is much easier to conceal the PF-9 than it is the G27. It's also much lighter.

I currently own both and carry both. I carry the PF-9 on my ankle and probably wouldn't consider that with the heavier G27.

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    My pocket gun for a while now has been a Kel tec P32. I was really unsure about these guns at first but now I really like it. I have never shot a PF9, but my friend has a P11 and I found it to be a very comfortable shooter.

Top Bottom