• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    At one point I reloaded 26 different cartridges, each cartridge had multiple loads depending on the gun and the purpose. A total of 87 different loads. I have 14 different loads for 38 Special alone. I don't load some cartridges much anymore since I don't shoot them very often, but it's good to have the data if I ever need a specific load.
    That's impressive. My brother has been reloading for decades now. I'm not sure how many different calibers and loads he has, but I suspect he is sorta like you.

The other day I asked him about some 115 gr 9mm with Titegroup and he sent me a page of probably 6-8 loads.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I have a machine shop in my garage (home hobby ) and a nice collection of guns, I keep a file of pictures/ description/ serial numbers/ specific info , on file in my will (at the lawyers) just to be on the safe side

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And a note about thumb drives. They do fail. I just helped a coworker recover some of her files after hers went bad. Couldn’t recover all of it though.

So make multiple copies of your data.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I use excel to track it all because I'm the excel guy at work.

Firearms (where I got it, basic specs, when sold but minimal info), round counts, rough ammo inventory, I sometimes note when I clean them. Some general reloading tools (like powder speed tables, load data (and references)) and reloading cost tracking (fixed & consumable).

Deimos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    Mooresville
    I ran across an app to keep track of your firearms and accessories (Guntrack), and was wondering if anybody uses this app, and if not, what does everyone use? Pen & paper, Excel, no records means wife doesn't know?
    I just created an excel file with Model / Type / Serial / Accessories + ammo that go with it / Price purchased and sale price

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    I'm with you 110%. A pen and a pad will never get hacked. :rockwoot::rockwoot:
    There’s definitely an advantage to using a spreadsheet, but any (networked) unit can be hacked or just “calls home” by design.
    I don’t even like keeping paper records.

When I croak, kids will fight over the collection, so there will be nothing to sell anyway.

Top Bottom