Keep this in mind while mushroom hunting!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Bears

Bears may get here in Southern Indiana, but I think our population is too think in most places. I would think the Hoosier NF and Morgan Monroe would be a great place to start a few bears out. But, there would be too many yahoos wanting to kill one before they got established well. A simular think occured in Minnesota with elk. They tried transplanting a herd near where my sister lives, but too many folks wanted to kill one before it was legal to do so, so the herd died off.
    In the mean time, if you want to see wild bears, go to the Vince Shute Wildlife Sanctuary in Minnesota. When we were there in 2005, there were 42 of them surrounding us. We were in the "cage", they were loose.
    Here's the link:Black Bear Viewing at the Vince Shute Wildlife Sanctuary - The American Bear Association

As for the "Cougar"... could you imagine the roles reversed? A show where an older man seduces young women? There would be public outcry like you wouldn't believe. I can see the title now...The "Letch"

rafterman191

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I understand your concern of running into rattlesnakes. However last time I checked, in Indiana both the Timber Rattlesnake and Eastern Massagua are protected under Indiana law and are not to be harmed or hunted. With that in mind, I would not be confessing in a public forum that I killed one, anymore than I would confess to killing a bald eagle… I can’t say I would act any differently, just a word to the wise.

Thank you, sad to see grown men and women act like scared little kids because something looks scary. BOOO! Yes I think I read at least 2 confessions in this thread. If you are scared of the woods and all the scary creatures there, stay out. Geez, and to think some of you carry guns.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    The original intent of my post was just for fun, but I have had a blast reading all the responses!
    Thanks!

We have some of these critters here in Greene County. I have seen and killed one that was maybe a little less than half that size. If I saw one that big I'm not sure I could keep it together long enough to kill it. I overall kinda like snakes. Am always happy to find blue racers living near the house. Don't like the copperheads and these.

Annie, my wife saw a big ol' Racer in the yard just the other day.
    I think she was the winner of that race!
    It may be the same one that was around here last year, that sucker will chase you!
    I won that race!

Okay, how big do mushrooms get? How did that guy miss that?:laugh:

dscn0483.jpg

twthomas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    I wouldn't worry about a snake like that. There is no way he could get to me through the giant pile of fecal matter that would be instantly excreated from my bowels the second I saw him.

:):

Top Bottom