• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    I don't keep them. I cannot think of one time someone wanted to give me less because I did not have the box and I have sold a bunch. A few of the ones I sold have been rare, not sure you if they would classify as collectables.

Jerry C

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I traded a Ruger Red label, the dealer told me what he would give me for it on trade, he said if I had the box he would give me another $50. I made the 20 mile trip home and got the box.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's me but I keep the boxes and when buying 2nd hand I always ask if they have the original box and am one willing to pay some extra money to get them depending on what they are.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I always keep the box and all the literature that comes in them. I also like it better when I buy, if the seller has the box and all the goodies. I think it helps on the resale.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Same, I'm on my 3rd plastic tub, I keep scope, gun, red dot, rail, etc boxes. Yeah, a bit OCD.

I don't have mine in another box of any kind, there aren't enough boxes (yet) to justify that. But like you I also keep the boxes/bags for the accessories too. Just in case I need a number off them or whatever. They are in the attic so it's not like they are in the way. :)

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I wonder how much more shooters (not collectors) will pay for a gun with a box vs one without?

To me I don't think getting the box would make that much of a difference. As long as I get any accessories that came with it (except the lock) and maybe the owner's manual I'd be happy. But even the manual is available online usually.

Falkin88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    I always try to keep the box, original accessories and if bought new any paperwork and receipts. Really doesn't take up much room. Personally I'd be willing to pay higher in a used firearm sell if they are able to provide the original box and documentation on the firearm. Just seems to me to denote more care towards the weapon not always necessarily the case though.

Top Bottom