• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Remember Ford supposedly never mentioned Kavanaugh or the "Incident" to anyone until just around 2012........ when there was the threat of Romney possibly winning the presidency and picking Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court. That's when she started documenting her story. Since Romney didn't win in 2012, Ford's super duper important information about a judge rapist never surfaced until it was needed again when Trump decided to pick Kavanaugh the Supreme Court.

Was it all based on a true story? Maybe. The most believable lies are.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I was a huge party animal.
    I drank and did lots and lots of drugs. But as **** faced as I've ever gotten, I would have NEVER even considered tapping that...

Dude, don't forget, that with enough alcohol this --->CF15_zpsk7mlbbjm.png

Can soon look like this --->maxresdefault_zpsafhoeosc.jpg

Alcohol can cause issues.

Doug

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Beauty, or lack of, has nothing to do with rape.
    Plenty of old ladies and ugly women have been raped.
    It is often a power issue.

I'm not saying this was the case here.
    What I'm saying is, "She couldn't have been raped, she's not good looking enough" is NOT a defense.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Beauty, or lack of, has nothing to do with rape.

If you qualify this as "often" or "does not have to", I would agree. It is not, however, a complete non-issue in many cases.

Plenty of old ladies and ugly women have been raped.

True.

It is often a power issue.

True, but "often" is not always.

I'm not saying this was the case here.
    What I'm saying is, "She couldn't have been raped, she's not good looking enough" is NOT a defense.

Absolutely true.

Take a walk around Walmart and it is easy to see that even in a consensual context....there's a key for every lock. Even keys and locks that many would get the dry heaves over.

In the case of Dr. Blasey-Ford, I am convinced that, at some point, likely well prior to this incident, she was the victim of an attack or abuse of some sort, likely sexual in nature. Her little girl mannerism, voice and affect are big clues here. This event also probably caused her to interpret whatever the event was that she described in the hearing as a sexual attack. That was her frame of reference and given what I believe to be her history, the event was a "trigger" to her. Over the years, given her past, she continued to enhance what she attributed to sex, in her memory, likely distorting reality. The guys involved, whoever they were, likely did not even see it as an attack, or sexual, or anything significant, so may not even remember it. To them, it was likely teenagers playing around and they had no thought of rape or attacking anyone.

Background, context and perspective have a lot to do with how people remember things.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you qualify this as "often" or "does not have to", I would agree. It is not, however, a complete non-issue in many cases.

True.

True, but "often" is not always.

Absolutely true.

Take a walk around Walmart and it is easy to see that even in a consensual context....there's a key for every lock. Even keys and locks that many would get the dry heaves over.

In the case of Dr. Blasey-Ford, I am convinced that, at some point, likely well prior to this incident, she was the victim of an attack or abuse of some sort, likely sexual in nature. Her little girl mannerism, voice and affect are big clues here. This event also probably caused her to interpret whatever the event was that she described in the hearing as a sexual attack. That was her frame of reference and given what I believe to be her history, the event was a "trigger" to her. Over the years, given her past, she continued to enhance what she attributed to sex, in her memory, likely distorting reality. The guys involved, whoever they were, likely did not even see it as an attack, or sexual, or anything significant, so may not even remember it. To them, it was likely teenagers playing around and they had no thought of rape or attacking anyone.

Background, context and perspective have a lot to do with how people remember things.

I agree.
    Earlier I posted a link about "lost" memories are often subject to "replacement".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    sffyINz.jpg

I remember INGO discussed whether her glasses were fake or not. This seems to be a different photo than the one we discussed. I thought that they were probably real because it looked to me like the lenses corrected for far farsightedness. But in this photo, the image captured in the lens does not seem larger than outside of the lense. And, the glasses don't fit. They look very awkward on her face. I'm calling fake.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm actually laughing.

Jimmy Carter didn't get to nominate ANY SCOTUS justices. (Probably a good thing.) G.H.W and G.W. Bush only nominate 2.

And now Trump could get to nominate 3. Would tie him with Reagan.

That's strong evidence that the universe has a sense of humor.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Watch for a brownout in D.C. when they fire up the medical equipment to keep her alive. Two years is going to be a long time.

Serious question: when does Trump officially cross over into "lame duck" territory where the democrats will be calling to Merrick Garland him?

Top Bottom