• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhdoug

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    hancock county
    i hate to bring up the greenfield "gun" show again, but last time i swear. there was a person selling (real nice guy...not trying to offend) and he had a few ARs. said all three were brand new..man,i cant recall if it was bushmaster or colt....prolly doesnt matter....one was sorta olive drab. asked about it ,ya know duracoat or??? and he said it was karlon finish. as in spray paint. now to be fair i did not ask if it was spray or not. but anyway, is this an appropriate product? i mean i was taken back that a brand new AR would be finished that way. again, i'm not doggin this fella out. its just been heavy on my mind today. thoughts on that?:dunno:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ive heard of people using Krylon on things like shotgun and rifle stocks but have no idea how durable it would be. I wouldnt think it would hold up on something like an AR barrel being exposed to the amount of heat from rapid fire.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've got a rifle that I spent more than $3000 putting together and it's covered in $12 worth of Rustoleum spray paint.

It all boils down to how you feel about your firearms. To some they are tools, to others they are investments, and many feel that they are precious machines that should be treated delicately. Everyone is right, firearms are all of these things. Spray paint won't hurt a thing if it's applied properly (not in the chamber, etc.).

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    The reason I like it is yes it does come off, so if I need to get the paint off all it takes is something I have at the house. Also if it starts to look like crap and wearing down boom a few sprays and it looks like it was before it was wore. Just my 2 cents but spray painting a gun is just fine.

Top Bottom