• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What color Kitty do you prefer? (Select more than one if needed)

• Total voters

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Isn't the Kalishnakitty trademarked?

-J-
    While the Hello Kitty is trademarked I can't find where the Kalishni Kitty is. The Kitty is a parody, protected by 1st amendment. You can change as little as 10% (or 15%?) and avoid the trademark.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Isn't the Kalishnakitty trademarked?

-J-

Nope. Kalashnikitty is a paradoy of Hello Kitty which is a probable property of Sanrio Enterprises of Japan. Since it is a paradoy of a trademark under American Law it's legal.

Here is another version of "hello kitty" called "Heller Kitty" which again is OK.
    heller_kitty.jpg

Now the term "Kalishnakitty" might be trademark but as of yet it has not and you probably can't since you/we don't own the original name (ie. AK) or (ie. Hellow Kitty).

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    I remember buying a t - shirt on FAL files of the kitty years ago.

BTW, what material are you using? I'm the plant/ ops manager for FDC which deals with a lot of the films out there.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I remember buying a t - shirt on FAL files of the kitty years ago.

BTW, what material are you using? I'm the plant/ ops manager for FDC which deals with a lot of the films out there.
    I tend to use Avery A6 for most of my stuff. I've used FDC in the past though.

Black doesn't show up well on glass, white is your best option for that.
    Agreed. However for light colored gun cases/boxes it would work. Everyone needs to keep in mind that there is no backing to this. They are cut out from a solid sheet of vinyl.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    I've worked up a set of them. Not sure how to package them though.

There is a guy running around town with this type of deal and the dad has an AR and the family has other firearms. Its on a mini van that I sometimes get behind on the bypass in the way to work.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Here's a couple of other ones I have in Photoshop:

mad-hello-kitty.jpg

Keep in mind the black and white backgrounds won't be there.

I think this one is neat. I like the angry kitty eyes. If my wife would let me I would put one of these on the family station wagon.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My wife says she wants the OP to design one with a family of stick people. Each one with a gun. Oh and I would seriously consider the kalishna kitty with angry eyes for the family car.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    If you can graft rollerskates on this one, I bet I could find 20+ buyers with the rollerderby girls.

girl-with-gun-edited-small.jpg

I will work on that! I know some people involved with the local teams. If you've seen the Double Tap or I Mow *****es stickers those are mine. I do have a site that I'm working on that is for the Derby Girls. [ame="http://www.cafepress.com/dbnstuff/8457864"]Derby Stuff[/ame] It still needs a lot of work but time just isn't available!

My wife says she wants the OP to design one with a family of stick people. Each one with a gun. Oh and I would seriously consider the kalishna kitty with angry eyes for the family car.

Here's what I've been working on for the family stickers.
    gun-family-3.jpg

I need to thicken up some lines and do a bit more tweaking. I'll probably go with the Kitties first just to simplify things. Maybe the basic Gun Family and Gun Girl too. Depends on how much time I can devote to them.
    I really appreciate the input from everyone on these. In the paintball world stickers are everywhere.

Top Bottom