• ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    And IO is also making AKs in Florida.

I'm glad AKs will be US made, but they need to come down in price and they need to match the Eastern European rifles in material and build quality.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "The capital of the Udmurt Republic" is Izhevsk ("Иже́вск"). "Izvesk" is spelled differently. (And I think KF is the only one here that I would ever pick this nit for.) :D

Back to the OP, is 922(r) still a thing?

No, the romanization has not changed; it was just me TWD--typing while distracted.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    You must be new to the gun culture.:D

It is a supercool design as long as it is not made here.

I was not one of the cool kids in school. Pretty dull and pedestrian, actually. Showed up for every class, studied, got good grades, got scholarship, got military commission, kept showing up on time for 22 years, show up for current job on time, minimum of drama, etc. So me likey dull and pedestrian (and reliable!) AK. "Dull and pedestrian" is the new cool!:D

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Im well aware the Fuller and RD are one in the same, but at one time, pre-RD Jim built all the rifles himself. And I sent the Century because I had it, and wanted it fixed. Even Fuller wouldn't try to make it right. DDI rifles are good stuff, not so sure about any other Madeinusa AKs.

ahh, ok, I didn't realize you were going back that far! I didn't know you were that OLD!!!!!!! ;) lol

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Yup. My Beryl came with a ProMag instead of OEM Radom mag.

what sucks is, your Beryl probably came in with polish mags.

Some companies get rifles or pistols in, and strip the mags out and put US mags in, then sell the other mags on the open market. Sucks that they have to do that.

futureofwar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bunker Hill
    I have never heard of a DDI shotgun, I will look it up but what is its name? I know Chaos is building one that they claim will take Saiga and Vepr mags. Stoked for affordable mags lol.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    what sucks is, your Beryl probably came in with polish mags.

Some companies get rifles or pistols in, and strip the mags out and put US mags in, then sell the other mags on the open market. Sucks that they have to do that.

Ah, I see you're familiar with Royal Tiger?

At first they sold with OEM mag, but changed the buttstock and muzzle device. The actual stock was shipped in a separate package. Maybe that cut too close to the line so the changed practices.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ah, I see you're familiar with Royal Tiger?

lol yup!

wasn't just them though. If you bought a M92 or M85 pistol, depending on where you got them would dictate how many mags you got. They shipped to the US with at least 2, but some places pulled mags and only sent 1 onto the customers.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Im well aware the Fuller and RD are one in the same, but at one time, pre-RD Jim built all the rifles himself. And I sent the Century because I had it, and wanted it fixed. Even Fuller wouldn't try to make it right. DDI rifles are good stuff, not so sure about any other Madeinusa AKs.

Im excited that K-USA is building the vityaz. Their saiga 12s look like RR built 3gun guns... Like exactly.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Oh I quoted you to joke about your age, but I forgot. I'll do better.

joke: when Vigilant bought his century rifle it actually was assembled by monkeys at century as homosapiens didn't exist yet!

geriatric burn.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Do you still have a prescription from when Dr. Walter Reed was in his residency? CVS doesn't take chiseled tablet prescriptions.

part2, 2 part burn.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Im excited that K-USA is building the vityaz. Their saiga 12s look like RR built 3gun guns... Like exactly.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not positive but I'm betting what they had on display at Shot were samples from Izhmash before the import restrictions were put into place. To much 'russian' going on there, ie they were too perfect. Hell even the pistol grip had the Izhmash logo on them.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Oh I quoted you to joke about your age, but I forgot. I'll do better.

joke: when Vigilant bought his century rifle it actually was assembled by monkeys at century as homosapiens didn't exist yet!

geriatric burn.

how about "when Vigilant bought his century rifle it was just called a decade rifle"????

:joke:

TCLe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    West Lafayette
    No kidding, I'm cancelling my order for a Sub2k because that thing is coming out. And apparently for under $1k!
    Guess you don't need to get a CZ Scorpion anymore if you want to SBR a PCC.

Top Bottom