• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    So I picked up my NIB PM9 on Saturday from PSS. Ever since I picked it up I have been chomping at the bit to shoot it.

I took my wife with me since she will be carrying it once she gets her LTCH. Well, after shooting it, I don't know if I want to give it up! :D

The first thing I noticed was how smooth and easy the trigger pull was. Wow what a nice trigger. It is a little long, but you don't really realize it due to how light it is.

I think the sights on this gun are great. I just have the regular old factory sights on this, but compared to similar guns I've looked at, the sights are far superior.

This little gun is ACCURATE. I was every bit as accurate with this gun as I am with my Glock 19. I was shooting some pretty tight groups from 10 yards or so, often hitting a bullseye several times in a row. And I am a novice shooter.

The wife said that she noticed a definite difference in perceived recoil between the Kahr and the Glock 19. She states that the Kahr has more kick. I have pretty large hands and didn't notice much difference. She likes the trigger and overall ergonomics better than the Glock. After shooting the kahr and then going back to the Glock, I did notice that the Glock trigger did seem a little crusty and definitely noticed a "pinch" when pulling the trigger. However the reset on the G19 is much shorter than the Kahr. The only downside is limited capacity, with a 6 and 7 round magazine.

When it was all said and done we put 155 rounds through our new Kahr PM9 and enjoyed every minute of it. It was absolutely flawless with zero malfunctions. I would definitely trust my life to this gun. The cost was $629 plus tax at PSS. I believe it is worth the money. If anyone is thinking about buying one and wants to shoot it before making a decision, let me know and I will let you test drive it. :draw:

basswizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Indy West
    Truckerman,
    Congrats on the new PM9.
    I have put around 1k rounds through my PM9 9094 which I picked up the 1st of the year. It is a great little gun and my regular carry. It is so easy to conceal. Getting used to the long trigger pull took some time. The trigger is very smooth though. I just finished a Utah class and used it for the qualification. No I didn't shoot a hole out of the center of the target, but it certainly was very respectably accurate and more than likely not the gun that was the issue. I do trust the PM9 to be ready for action when it counts.
    Congratulations again on a fine handgun.

Top Bottom