• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm starting to get a little warm and fuzzy about the PM9 Black Diamond for CC. I do have another model Kahr, but I can't put my hands on this one. If you have experience with one, I'd sure appreciate getting your thoughts. Thanks.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There have been a zillion threads on the PM9 but unfortunately I don't believe our search engine allows 3 character searches, so...

I have owned a Kahr PM9 about since they first came out. I like the size as it fits nicely in my pocket using a Desantis Nemisis holster. Mine has been flawless with over 1000 rounds fired. It is also amazingly accurate for a pocket pistol.

The only true issue is that the return spring is so tight, that it still takes two hands and a foot to pull the slide back manually to chamber a round, but that also tells me it should last a long long time, so really that is not an issue.

The other thing is that it is so light there have been a few times I forgot I was carrying it and walked into criminal protected zones. Again, not a real problem. ;)

As you can tell, I am very happy with my PM9.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I'm starting to get a little warm and fuzzy about the PM9 Black Diamond for CC. I do have another model Kahr, but I can't put my hands on this one. If you have experience with one, I'd sure appreciate getting your thoughts. Thanks.

I bought the BD slide to replace my matte stainless about 2 months ago. Seems to be holding up very well.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I can't say that I know anything about the black diamond. I did have the opportunity to shoot my buddies PM9 for the first time yesterday. Very impressive pocket gun. Nice DAO trigger, functional sights. I am not big on smaller autos, but this one changed my mind.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    For me, it is the best, smallest 9mm I have ever owned.

It is a wee bit muzzle flippy for the wife's preference, but she's got them little tiny girlie hands. She actually likes my XDm 9mm better :dunno:

Mine has never failed to go bang when I wanted it to, and it has never gone bang when I didn't want it to.

Very light and concealable, don't really know what else you would want in a CC gun............unless maybe you prefer a PM40 Black Diamond :rolleyes:

flyboy727

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Evansville area
    I have been looking into the Kahr Pm9 , mk9 and saw all the models last week at the gun shop. I have dry fired one, trigger is not as long a pull as a lot of other guns I have tried. The slide was very tight and I had trouble releasing the slide.

I think I want the Black Diamond coat also. I just have to make sure I can live with the trigger type and pull first before I drop the money and have to sell it because I am not happy with it.

I posted a thread on here last week for the PM9 and KM9 and gots lots of useful info. You should look it up on here.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I have been looking into the Kahr Pm9 , mk9 and saw all the models last week at the gun shop. I have dry fired one, trigger is not as long a pull as a lot of other guns I have tried. The slide was very tight and I had trouble releasing the slide.

I think I want the Black Diamond coat also. I just have to make sure I can live with the trigger type and pull first before I drop the money and have to sell it because I am not happy with it.

I posted a thread on here last week for the PM9 and KM9 and gots lots of useful info. You should look it up on here.

For the tight slide, manually rack the slide over and over and over, did I say over, it helps to loosen the slide. I did this with mine hundreds of times. Releasing the slide does get easier the more time you do it. The one thing about the PM9 is they liked to be kept oiled.
    Might also check out KahrTalk Home

Last edited:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I love mine. It's in my front pocket every day. Like was said above, I forget I have it on me at times and have walked into places where I shouldn't have it, but since it conceals nicely no one was the wiser. The black slide finish has held up very well after about a year and a half. No scratches or permanent scuff marks. The gun goes in and out of a leather pocket holster every day as this gun also sits on the bedside nightstand. Got about 1000 rounds through it of all types/brands with no failures. It is fairly snappy, but overall shoots very well and is fairly comfortable in a range session although I still like to shoot my XD9sc better :D

leedawg77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    My brother-in-law has this gun. It is probably one of the top 3 guns I've ever fired (not ranking my top 3). You can feel the quality, deadly accurate and never jams. The looks of it are great too IMO.

rangerobber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    New Carlisle
    PM9

I have a PM9 and a PM40 and enjoy them both. Both are accurate and easy to conceal. i prefer carrying mine in a Comp Tac minotaur IWB holster rather than in my pocket, but, easy to conceal either way. The PM9 has never had a misfire and is very easy to control where as the PM40 you better have a death grip on it if you want to hit anything. Buy one you will love it!

Top Bottom