Kahr P9 holster suggestions (need 3 types)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Came home yesterday with a new Kahr P9. I picked up a Blackhawk pocket holster #3 with it. What I'm looking for now is a selection of comfortable holsters for various purposes.

I'm thinking of a Fobus paddle for yard work and mowing since It's easy on & off. (any better ideas?)

I also want a good, light weight/bulk belt holster for regular carry under a shirt. I have a cheap Tagua for my Glock 19 that is surprisingly comfortable. The Kahr doesn't fit it well. I don't really want a thumb break or something that is too bulky.

Also wanted is a thin, comfortable IWB holster. I don't normally wear these type since I am built more convex than concave, but since the Kahr is so thin I will give it a try. I have carried the Glock 19 & 30 with a belt clip IWB a few times and it was okay for a short time, far from comfortable.

Hit me with some ideas so I can put this thing to good use. Also feel free to PM me if you have something you are willing to let go of. Thanks.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    I have a CW9 which is about the same size, and I too am convex (very) and I absolutely swear by an SOB. I have Gould and Godrich left and right handed as I use the CW9 as a BUG exclusively. I also have an ankle rig which is very comfortable and just knowing it's there is a good feeling.:yesway:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I used to carry my CW-40 in a High Noon Holster's Split Decision.

LOVED that combo. Light, thin, tuckable if I wanted, all-day comfortable.

-J-

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I used to carry my CW-40 in a High Noon Holster's Split Decision.

LOVED that combo. Light, thin, tuckable if I wanted, all-day comfortable.

-J-

I spent over an hour on the High Noon website. Read everything, including all 100+ FAQ. I liked what I saw. I have ordered the Bare Asset IWB. The regular belt slides were a little higher than what I wanted to go with right now though. I don't mind spending the money for a great holster, but I want to check out the IWB from them first.

Now if I can find the time to go shoot the sucker I will be happy. That 200 round break in is fun, when you have time. I need to get that done so I can start to carry this thing instead of the Glock.

Any other ideas?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My Kahr CW-40 was flawless right out of the box... I think I still ran 200rds through it before I carried it, though.

HNH's unmolded IWB holsters are hard to beat, IMO. Especially for a thin and light firearm.

As far as other options: Literally, the sky is the limit. In terms of materials AND price. From an inexpensive unmolded leather IWB holster from HNH to a full custom exotic skin OWB holster for $300.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I know the PM9 is smaller, but I have been carrying my new PM9 in a Crossbreed Minituck for almost a week now and have been very pleased. I purchased it through KahrShop.com, the model I got from them works for all T, TP, K, P, CW, MK & PM Series Kahr pistols. I know you have already ordered the High Noon but if you don't like it, I would give the Crossbreed holsters a look.

Top Bottom