• ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've NO experience with a G26...

But I'd still pick it over the CW-40.

My experience with the CW-40 while "OK" in the end - is that a CW-9 would've been a better choice.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    One is a 40. The other is a 9. You could start the debate there.

The Kahr is not as expensive. It holds 6.

But, given the various options available, the Kahr is my EDC.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Better choice for what? Why compare the Kahr in .40 to the Glock in 9mm?

CW40 - 6.36" L x 4.62" H x 0.94" W, 3.6" bbl, 18.6 oz, 6+1 rnds
    G26 - 6.49" L x 4.17" H x 1.18" W, 3.42" bbl, 19.75 oz, 10+1 rnds (15, 17, and 33 optional)

Personally, I'd take the G26 for greater capacity and ability to use G19, 17, or 18 magazines.
    That, and I favor the Glock's shorter trigger reset over the Kahr's long reset.
    The most notable differences in envelope are width and weight, and for me neither compensates for the loss in capacity.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Same size, you give up 1 round.
    Can still use G23, and G22 mags.
    You can also go the other way with the Kahr and go CW9 and pick up 1 round.
    We haven't really changed the choice much, imho.
    This is mostly a capacity and trigger issue for me.
    The thickness isn't much of a deal unless you're trying to carry IWB in your "skinny pants."
    My pants are all sized according to carry.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Easy.
    Every Glock I own, and every Glock I have ever seen or handled operates perfectly right out of the box. I have never owned a Kahr and never will, because I have seen just the opposite from new Kahrs my students have brought to my classes.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    And frankly, I'd go G19/23 (rather than G26/27) over any of the Kahr CW series.

It's a better size comparison where it counts (usually).

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Despite what the Glock fanboys tell ya, there is a world of fine hardware out there. I've never had problems with a Kahr. It might not be the best amateur pistol...especially if they don't do the break-in, but if you're not a newbie, they are excellent firearms.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Huh? I've seen some experienced people post to this thread, but no Glock fanboys yet.

We could have added the M&P compact (and some others) to the list for eval, but the OP specifically asked or a comparo of the subcompact Glocks to Kahr.

Some objective differences (dimensions, capacity, and trigger reset) have been pointed out. Bob speaks from a fair bit of experience.

No one is bashing Kahr. I've owned a couple.

OP, have you handled both to see what seems to fit your hand best?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I wasn't responding to your post. But....
    Every Glock I own, and every Glock I have ever seen or handled operates perfectly right out of the box.
    ...and then saying Kahr is the opposite...well, I don't think that's a fair comparison. I've owned both and like both. In fact, there are dozens of high quality 9's out there and there seem to be more 40's every day.

I happen to like the Kahr because it feels better in my hand and when I line up the target, the sights come up where they should. As to reliability...the recoil spring is very stiff when new but breaks in well.

rs1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    lafayette
    I have not handled any of the compacts yet just started looking and those are theones that my coworkers are trying to push i like the looks of the nano too

JohnnyTre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Jasper County
    I owned a 26 and traded it in for a 27, I also own a CW9.
    Kahr
    Pros- Slim easy to carry, for me it is extremely accurate, I like the trigger better than the the GLOCK.
    Cons- Not the most durable gun, feels like it would not hold up to heavy use. Cannot sling shot the slide to reload have to use the slidestop.

GLOCK
    Pros- More rounds, reliable. Can use larger GLOCK magazines, Can be carried on ankle although not ideal.
    Cons- Thicker, heavier. Also Glock 26/27 is not a good pocket carry gun if your looking to use it as such.

Long story short I carry the GLOCK in a Remora Holster and it is just as concealable and comfortable as the Kahr. I relegated the Kahr to a backup carry gun if I can't carry my GLOCK for some reason. I also own the Kahr CM9 that will work in a pocket and is great for ankle carry but I am much less accurate shooting it than my CW9.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I am very happy with my CW45 and see no advantage to spending more on a Glock except you may have more holster choices. I love my CW and have had zero issues shooting all types of ammo. Great gun for the price and I carry it in a 10 dollar Ace Case tuckable holster IWB.

rs1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    lafayette
    OK so just got done putting my hands all over a kahr 40 and a nano and the xd40 3 in really like the feel of the xd over the other 2 a co- worker is bringing his 27 over later to shoot but right now its the xd that I like the best it had the next mag in it too

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have been going over this same issue. Glock 27 is nice because, I believe you can change it over to 9mm or 357 sig. I have also considered the xd or even the tiger compact in 9mm. One of the reasons I am considering a 9, is cost of ammo. Whatever, I get as a EDC I want to shoot it a whole heck of a lot. Just saying.

rs1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    lafayette
    Yeah I was having the same problem but the 40 packs a hell of a punch I'm paying 19 a box for ammo at my LGS for fmj plain o target rounds guess can't have your cake and eat it too

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom