• tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Kahr's Looking Out for Us

I've found the slide release to be very hard to operate on new Kahrs when playing with them in the store.

That's a Kahr "feature"... ;) They're intentionally designed so it's difficult to drop the slide on an empty/no magazine. Guess they want us to be sure we're not carrying their fine pieces around empty :D

Last edited:

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I got my Kahr CW40 a month ago from today from Plainfeild Shooting Supplies in Plainfield (Obviously).

The staff there was good to work with - they didn't try to talk me out of it or anything. Where I used to go (His & Hers Target Sports in Sheridan) I'd be offered a Glock, a Kimber, whatever have you that was a higher priced item :)

Anyway, I walked out the door with my brand new Kahr CW40 and 50x rounds of 180gr MagTech FMJ's for $459 after tax. The cost of the ammo was high.. I was just looking for something to plink through quickly and start toward my 200 round break-in. But the gun pre-taxed was $406 which was even cheaper than my previous favorite, BudsGunShop.com at the time.

Anyway, using different styles of shooting between four different shooters, I have successfully ran about 350 rounds through my Kahr. We used various different loads; the only two FTFeeds I had were when using dirty 165gr WWB from Wally-World. I have had success with other 165gr ammunitions; just not wwb.

For you CW series owners, did you know that you can get Trijicon Night Sights for these for a mere $80 from Kahr? It takes a well equipped gunsmith to be able to slap them on; I heard and plan to do this myself: ask Kahr if you can send in your slide and have the sights installed via that method.

Trijicon Night Sights for CW Series
    Trijicons - CW Series - $80

4.0" Ported Barrel (K9 & E9)
    A nifty 4.0" Ported Barrel for the CW series with no special fitting required - $155 (9mm avail. only atm)

DECAL GRIP for P380, Sand
    Another nifty - Some grip decal tape for $11

I have to say, I LOVE the Kahr Shop! They have some dang good prices for some pretty generalized needs. I personally will be ordering the decal tape & trijicons for my CW40 soon. Right after I get my Springfield Armory 9mm V10 Ported Edition (It'll be my first 9mm, and first ported :D)

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I took my Kahr out and shot it again. Probably put another 30-50 rounds through it. I was shooting a lot of different guns today, so i lost track of my round count! Anywho, still ran flawlessly. If anything this gun just keeps getting better. I had some Gold Dot 165gr Law Enforcement(whatever that means) ammo. Shooting this stuff was PUNISHING! The recoil was BRUTAL! We had .357's, .44's and .45's there today and this was far and away worse than any of them! My friend's opinion was "That's not even fun!" The recoil felt almost twice as hard as other .40 ammo i had. I will say, it was stinking accurate, but so is about everything else i put thru this gun. Maybe it's the gun, I'm pretty sure it's not the operator.

I'm glad other people in this thread are also enjoying this gun. As i said origionally, I only paid $350 for this gun, spakin new, so think i got a great price. Always know what you want, be patient, and jump when you see the oportunity!

Top Bottom