• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • qwkdrwmgw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When it comes to accuracy is there that much difference between the CW 9, P 9, and the K 9? I know the P and K have a different barrel. Or am I just asking to much out of a compact pistol. I am getting 7-8 inch groups at 15 yrds.
    Thanks for the help

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I think the barrel is going to make a little difference, since you are going from a match grade Lother Walther barrel to a standard grade barrel. but at 10-15 yards i do not believe the different barrel, would make that huge of a difference. I would recommend useing a gun vise and test fireing the cw9. that way you know if it is you or the gun. if the gun is still spreading that big of a group from a solid platform, i would contact Kahr. FYI..On Target magazine did a pretty good article on how Kahr pistols are made in their 2009 Tactical issue.

gunluster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    What the hell are you doing wrong? LOL! I have sold a rather large amount of Kahr CW9's, and not one person has complained about accuracy. This isn't to say that the pistol in question doesn't have a unique problem, but I haven't experienced any myself. Getting used to the Kahr trigger could be a simple solution. Try this....
    1. Unload your pistol
    2. Acquire a good grip on the pistol in your shooting hand
    3. Place index finger on trigger
    4. Straighten the index finger on your left hand
    5. Put left index finger between the pistol's grip frame and your right index finger(trigger finger)
    6. Notice the placement of the tip of your right index finger on the trigger
    7. Remove your left index finger from between the grip frame and your right index finger being careful not to move the position of the right index finger
    8. This should be where you should place your trigger finger everytime you contact the trigger (unless you have some big ol' hotdog fingers)
    9. Dry fire a few times for practice
    10. Give it a try the next time you go to the range

BTW...The CW series has standard land and groove rifling, and all the other Kahr pistols have polygonal rifling. The CW series have a staked, plastic front sight, and all others have a steel front sight in a machined dovetail.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yep, that's normal. You should ALWAYS let the slide slam home full force on any pistol, but especially Kahrs.

This is the factory recommended way to chamber the first round. However, on well-broken-in pistols, you may very well be able to "sling shot" the slide and not have any problems. If you DO sling shot, you must not ride the slide forward...even a little bit or you'll fail to go into battery.

As far as accuracy...as another poster has said...it's probably not the gun. I was able to EASILY get 2" groups, standing, free handed with my CW-40.

Me thinks it's the long trigger pull that's causing you issues. If you could post a picture of a recent target of yours, then we INGOers could possibly diagnose the "issue".

-J-

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Me thinks it's the long trigger pull that's causing you issues.

:+1:

I've owned a number of Kahrs over the years (K9, P9, MK9, K40, K40 Elite) and they have all been exceptionally accurate for their small size. They are not, however, the easiest guns to shoot well, especially for someone not used to a long, moderately heavy DAO trigger. The polymer framed Kahrs also will have some muzzle jump (even in 9mm) due to their light weight.

6guns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Hobart
    I use my PM9 in local IDPA BUG matches with great accuracy results. After one match one of m buddies suggested I use it all the time. :-) Seriously, I think Kahrs a very accurate in any situation.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    Try Pop Guns to shoot, just don't buy there unless you have more money than you know what to do with. Don's might have one also, but it can be dangerous to shoot there. DO NOT BUY A GUN AT EITHER PLACE, they are extremely over priced.

Top Bottom