• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    that is interesting! didn't kahr buy auto-ordnance? I'd never think of them as a big company but i can also see the market for high quality compact pistols being huge right now. I know some people have a problem with kahr, but i'm glad an american company is doing well. plus, a foreign owned company just became american owned!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yep, Kahr either bought Auto Ordinance or bought the rights to the name. I'm not sure which.

Interesting! Guess Kahr's business plan/model is working, eh?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I know some people have a problem with kahr, but i'm glad an american company is doing well. plus, a foreign owned company just became american owned!
    Thanx Shooter for getting that right. Not only are they based in MN, but just moved ALL operations to Brainerd MN and no longer even make anything outside of the US. I suspect this was partly due to the new trend in states standing up for their rights and what happened in Montana. As for Kahr buying them, smart move. MR is going places and the recent consolidation probably made it a bargain.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Does that put them in bed with Smith and Wesson? Didn't Magnum Research just strike a deal w/ S&W to produce a P99 clone?

Don't know what if any backroom deal exists there, but MRI's new "Baby Eagle" line is a dead ringer for the 1st Gen Walther P99.

iwi_homepix.jpg

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    I was considering picking up one...I like the Gen !'s and it has the improved assessory rail. So it more like a Gen 1.5....

Anyway back to the point...It is nice to see an American firearms company prosper!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    I haven't heard about any deal w/s&w, but that baby eagle certainly is a ringer for the walther....this could actually be bad. Doesn't that big conglomerate "cerberus" or something own S&W? They've been buying up all the firearm and accessory mfgs.

If you look close at the picture, it says "Minneapolis MN" and not the old "IMI".

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Doesn't that big conglomerate "cerberus" or something own S&W?

Nope. From the internet:

Freedom Group is now one of the world’s largest producers of guns and ammo. Freedom Group brands include Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS/Panther Arms, Marlin, H&R, NEF, LC Smith, Parker, EOTAC, AAC, Dakota, INTC and Barnes Bullets. The company distributes its products throughout the U.S. and in over 80 foreign countries.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Nope. From the internet:

Freedom Group is now one of the world’s largest producers of guns and ammo. Freedom Group brands include Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS/Panther Arms, Marlin, H&R, NEF, LC Smith, Parker, EOTAC, AAC, Dakota, INTC and Barnes Bullets. The company distributes its products throughout the U.S. and in over 80 foreign countries.
    Cool, thanks.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    :scratch:

Magnum Research is based in Minnesota. They import guns made in Israel, but are not and never have been Israeli-owned.

Sorry, i thought it was the other way around. I thought IMI owned them and just produced a few guns here, like the BFRs, while importing their own guns through MR. My mistake.

Has it been discusses here as to if the Freedom Group is a good thing or a bad thing?

Top Bottom