• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My wife has had one since the late 1990s. I sent it back to the factory to have night sights and the Elite trigger installed. It's a fantastic gun; shoots WAY better than something its size has a right to! My only gripe is that, being all steel, it's a heavy little bugger to carry; it weighs as much empty as a Glock 19 does loaded...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Ok, so with that said. Do you think they are worth the money? How do they compare to the cw9?

Worth the money? Not these days, with retail prices for new pistols in the mid to high $600s. :n00b: I'd opt for either a used K9, or a new CW9. IME, the polymer Kahrs aren't quite as smooth and are harder to shoot well due to the increased muzzle flip, but the price difference is hard to ignore.

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Im having failure to feed issues with my wifes new K40. Only 150 rounds through it so far. It is a beautiful when it was working right.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Im having failure to feed issues with my wifes new K40. Only 150 rounds through it so far. It is a beautiful when it was working right.

Check your mags, bro. I had a K40 several years ago, and the mags were accidentally shipped with 9mm followers. :ugh: Had all kinds of problems until I figured it out...

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I have an E9 - almost the same pistol as the K9 according to Kahr (I called them to ask them about spare parts availability). This is the most accurate pistol I own. It shoots superbly and has never failed to fire and cycle. It's a beautiful pistol as well. There are versions of the K9 that are more refined than others, but any stainless model is simply perfection.

The trigger is about the best double action out there. It's butter. Smooth and light.

I consider a K9 a lifetime investment. It's a precision instrument. After several thousand rounds mine is still as tight as a drum.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ive always wanted a K9 but Ive never been able to justify the price. For a sub-comp pistol there are options out there that are just as good, lighter and cheaper.

That being said, I will probaby get one some day just for craps and laughs.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Still havent broken it in yet.

Oh where do i start.. on my lomg trek in finding my perfect handgun... i stumbled upon kahr.. my first one was a kahr k9. I still have it... she is a very sexy gun that gives me no gripes. Feed all kinds of ammo threw her.. she is scary accurate in ways i cant even shoot with a fs pistol. The i dot system took a few boxes for me to get good with her as used to a 3 dot system. But once i got used to it i no longer desired any kind of other sight.

The kahr k9 has the same barrel tech as a glock polygonal rifling which is good for a few reasons but i will only touch on one.. the barrel will remain more accurate and true much longer than conventional rifling.

The added weight arguement is a bunch of bs. You wont notice it after a while. We are not talking pounds more weight just ozs maybe 6-9 more oz. The gun is wonderfully balanced. Allowing for quick accurate followup shots.

They are like an investment, something eventually you can proudly pass on to your child one day. Something i think someone would be happy to get much more than a glock.

Now i absolutely love this gun...

Lets talk about the negatives

7+1
    If you dont get a stainess version you more than likely will run into rust issues.

Dont bother buying the ported barrel upgrade.. if in indy area i can arrange for you to shot mine with a ported barrel that barrel is in a box rarely used)

mags are slightly pricey to buy extras. But it comes with two. (Buy only kahr mags not aftermarket)

The cw 9 i cant talk about never shot one. Wasnt as cumfy in the hand either as the k9.

I love the grips that come standard. Considering taking the wood grips for a test drive..

evanrw61

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Southport Indiana
    I debated for several years before picking up my K-9 due to the high price. Biting the proverbial bullet, I purchased one 2 weeks ago. Now I know why the price is so high.........because its worth it. Hard to believe anything that small is that accurate. The best DAO trigger pull I've ever felt, like butter. Bought Crimson Trace lazergrips for it. This will be my summer carry gun for many years to come. I've put the 200 rounds through it (break-in) as the manual suggests. Mine digested a wide variety of ammo with no failures or stoppages. I believe a second one will find its way home in the near future. Hope this helps.
    :yesway:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Have a cw9
    No real problems. Though sometimes the feed ramp gets really dirty and feeding sticks if I let it get toooo dirty.
    Sometimes all I do is wirebrush the feed ramp and.call it done
    It's that reliable.

Top Bottom