• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sprmario123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Muncie
    Any opinions on the Swiss K31? for the price I think its a great buy. Accurate, relatively cheap match grade surplus ammo, plus the straight bolt gets a ton of looks

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    I have one. Very nice rifle. I gave $125 for mine back when I got it. I found a cool scope mount for it many years ago. One that mounts at about the 10:00 position. Takes no smithing and is rock solid. Have no clue where I got it now

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Any opinions on the Swiss K31? for the price I think its a great buy. Accurate, relatively cheap match grade surplus ammo, plus the straight bolt gets a ton of looks

I purchased one a couple of years ago with a scope off Gunbroker. As these rifles were issued to individuals that were intrusted with their care and kept in their home, I have never seen one with anything other than a spotless bore that shines like a new one.
    The military ammo from Switzerland is as good as ANY match ammo made, period.

I have many rifles and am sad to say I have not shot mine much yet and what shooting I did was less than 100 yds. However, it appears it is quite accurate. As none of these have been used in a battle, every one I have seen is in almost as issued condition. Knowing what I now know, I would have bought one sooner.

The surplus ammo has increased greatly in price over the last couple of years like most ammo, (almost doubled), don't know if it will come back down or not, but still fairly reasonable, and as I said is top grade.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Also, if you remove the butt plate, there's usually a small piece of paper with the name of who it was issued to.
    Some years ago on the old Curio & Relic mailing list, a guy got in touch with actual guy who'd been issued the K31 he bought.
    The man, old by then, sent him a record book, shooting medals he'd earned, etc.
    Really cool!

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Great rifles, most are immaculate, some stocks might be a little dinged, but the metal is good. Great accuracy from these rifles, I almost shot rifleman with one in an Appleseed, towards the end the recoil had me beat up.

Ammo is a little pricey for the GP11, and it's berdan primed...I've been slowly buying GP11 and Prvi factory to pile up some brass to experiment with. Great rifles, great workmanship, tons of fun, and good history. Once I bought my first I've started a collection.

sprmario123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Muncie
    Only issue is finding one for a decent price. Gander has em for $400, i saw one at Bradis Guns that was in great condition with the beech stock for $350. The older guns tend to have a dark walnut stock that I prefer the look of.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Get one!

Or two!

If you are patient, you might find a pristine, unissued one. :D

20140727_111627_resized.jpg

20140727_110348_resized.jpg

sprmario123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Muncie
    Nice work, how much did that run you if you dont mind me asking?
    I got this one at a retail store, they let me go through like 10 boxes of packaged ones. This was the only good looking walnut one.
    IMG-20150104-WA0000.jpg

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Nice work, how much did that run you if you dont mind me asking?
    I got this one at a retail store, they let me go through like 10 boxes of packaged ones. This was the only good looking walnut one.
    View attachment 37591
    $595 IIRC.

Metal is perfect. The stock only has some wear marks and dings from being crated with other rifles for 50 years. I already had a K31 shooter with some good "patina", but just couldn't pass up a beautiful like-new one.

Top Bottom