• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Could these possibly be the best milsurp rifles available? I really can't wait to stretch this thing out to see what it is truly capable of.

Bob, Nate and I are headed out to the farm this coming weekend to do some distance shooting, if you really want to stretch out your fancy Swiss rifle!

There will be a fire and beer, too...

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Where would one buy a rifle like a K31?
    Gander Mountain in Avon had a bunch. Last week they were on sale which essentially brought them down to the normal price everywhere else. Some looked to be in pretty decent condition as far as K31s go. Check the GM up by Casleton Square.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Where would one buy a rifle like a K31?

I got mine from Simpsonltd.com. They are a huge firearms collectors store. All of their guns were given individual descriptions and grades and they included bore diameters as well as pictures of each rifle. You can even call them up and ask questions about particular rifles. Mine was exactly what I wanted, the only thing it didn't have was a troop tag but I knew that before I bought it. Definitely worth checking them out.

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Once upon a time a Monroe shock absorber had sex with a screen door latch and the straight pull action was born!!!

Hate the action, should have been a regular bolt.

Accurate rifle with short chamber and good trigger. GP-11 is great ammo. Glad I have one.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I was going to bump this thread myself. While watching YouTube @ lunch I came across a video of a guy shooting a $99 open sight K31 with hand loads at a buffalo silhouette at well over 2000 yards!!! I'll find it when I get home.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Once upon a time a Monroe shock absorber had sex with a screen door latch and the straight pull action was born!!!

Hate the action, should have been a regular bolt.

Accurate rifle with short chamber and good trigger. GP-11 is great ammo. Glad I have one.

I am more comfortable with a regular bolt too, but you have to admire the engineering that went into that one.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I really like my K31's. Glad I bought mine back when they were $99 each or two for $89 each.

My only regret is not buying $1,000 worth of GP11 back when it was 20 cents a round.

Top Bottom